Star Gazing

John

Ty ended up asleep again. This time on the couch with his head in my lap.

I wanted to touch him. His face, his arms. To just feel him and know he's there. To know I'm awake, that this is real.

Cream hopped up on the arm of the couch, staring at me with her big green eyes, mewing.

I cocked my head at her.

I've never had pets. I don't understand their body language.

She meowed at me, hopping down and going to the door.

I watched her.

"Ty," I spoke, shaking him gently.

He made a little noise, and swatted at my hand.

"Ty, your cat needs something." I spoke, shaking him again.

He groaned a little, sitting up.

"Christ your leg is hard." He mumbled as he stood, cracking his back.

I cringed at the sound.

He always cracks his bones when he wakes up. His knees popped on their own usually though.

He made a weird noise at Cream, kneeling down in front of her, putting her harness around her.

"Mind if I steal your lighter?" He asked, yawning.

"You already raided my closet, why not take the lighter too," I chuckled.

He rolled his eyes, flashing me a little smile as I handed it over to him.

"I'm coming out too, gotta get the mail," I spoke.

"I'm pretty sure that the people who bought the old house are still getting my mail. I never updated my address." He laughed.

"Jesus," I laughed with him, following him and Cream outside.

I plucked the cigarette from his lips after it was lit, taking a drag before I gave it back.

"You don't have to pick up anything. I doubt it's going to hurt anything for your cat to shit in the lawn," I spoke, shrugging.

"I don't mind picking up after her. So long as I'm not cleaning litter. I can't breathe around that shit."

"I've heard litter is really bad if you have asthma." I nodded. I know Ty doesn't have asthma, but I imagine if it's bad when asthma is there then it's probably dusty or something.

"Only certain brands are really dusty, but in general I can't really stand it because I know cats like to dig a lot." He responded, looking down at Cream as she got herself tangled up in his legs.

I got down on the ground on my knees and helped him get untangled from her lead.

∆^∆^∆^∆^∆

I was laying on the couch, Ty on top of me.

It was comfortable. I enjoyed him being there.

I wish he wouldn't put his walls up though.

I took a slow breath, staring at the ceiling.

"Something's on your mind," Ty mumbled, not moving.

"Yeah," I admitted.

"Wanna talk?" He asked.

"I don't know what I'd say." I shrugged.