Chapter 24

Mia's POV:

I wake up feeling hot and sweaty, the piercing noise of a baby's cries in my ears. Joe is a super heavy sleeper, so he doesn't wake up.
I head to the kitchen and to get a glass of water and I see Zoe sat at the table, cradling Hazel in her arms.
"Shh my little one, it's alright angel. Daddy will get the guts to come back soon.." She whispers to Hazel.
"Hello..just came to get some water." I say, taking a glass and filling it.
"Oh hey Mia, did Hazel wake you? I'm so sorry!" She exclaims.
"Yes, she did but it's fine..I understand it's harder with Alfie not here.." I say, and the second those words escape my mouth guess who walks through the door at 4:00am but Alfie Deyes himself.
He is a tired a dishevelled looking wreck, dark circles under his eyes and messy hair.
"Zoe.." He says in a horse whisper, "I'm so sorry.." He trails off.
Zoe sighs and looks at him, "well you kinda left me with our baby to deal with on my own, if it weren't for my best friend and brother coming to rescue me I might just be worn out.." Zoe snaps.
I slowly and awkwardly leave the room, shooting Zoe a 'good luck' glance.
I get back to the spare room and notice Joe is sat up in bed looking tired and confused.
"Oh, there you are...I got woken up by someone coming through the front door and Hazel crying.." He says.
"Yeah, I got woken up by Hazel and went to get a glass of water and Zoe was in the kitchen with her then Alfie walked in and now they're arguing.." I trail off.
Joe grabs me by my waist and pulls me back into bed. He snuggles into me and I rest my head on his bare chest.
"Night Suggy!" I grin into the darkness.
"Good night.." He tiredly mumbles.

{the morning}

I wake up feeling tired and slightly anxious.
"Morning beautiful" Joe whispers, instantly melting my heart melt and improving my mood. His blue eyes are wide and staring into mine.
I give a small, light giggle.
"Morning gorgeous.." I whisper back.
"How's Zoe?" He asks.
"I dunno, 1 sec!" I say.
I prise myself from Joe's grip and get out of bed. I wake to Zoe and Alfie's room and the door is ajar. I pop my head around the door to see they are sleeping still, their bodies wrapped together. I presume they made up and stopped arguing.
I go back to the spare room and smile and nod at Joe,
"they're asleep and cuddling so I presume their fine now.." I say.
Joe smiles, "that's good!"
I nod and head downstairs for breakfast.
After I've had breakfast, a shower and got ready and everyone else is up Joe and I decide to go home.
"Bye Zo." I smile as we leave.
"Bye guys, thanks so much!" She smiles.
"Its okay sis, bye!" Joe says.
We leave the house and head home. When we get home I realise its a week until Joe leaves for his stag do and the girls I head to London for my hen do.
------------------------------------
Super boring, short and crappy chapter, sorry! The next one will hopefully be more interesting.
Thanks for reading, if you enjoyed this chapter (doubt you did) please;

-vote
-comment
-follow

ily all!
Keep smiling,
Hel💘🌍