rhaenyra XIII

She loved this night. It was easily the happiest she's seen her children. Even Aegon was openly laughing and having a good time. She committed each and every smile and laugh to memory.

She was watching her girls as they talked with Rhaena and Baela. Someone must've said something very funny because each one of them burst into loud laughter. Immediately, a smile came to her own face at the sound.

"We've raised great kids," Laenor said to her, his fond eyes glued to the group of laughing boys they called their sons.

She nodded back, following his line of sight to look at their boys, "We did."

The boys were listening to a story Luke was telling. Judging by the wide smile and bright blush on his face, he was telling the older boys about his dance with Rhaena. The tiny dancing motions he was making while speaking also helped her deduce that fact.

"They're remarkable boys. That speech Aemond gave? I think my own heart grew ten sizes," Laena gushed, looking between the group of kids.

Rhaenyra had to agree. She hadn't expected the speech at all, but it was sweet. It also saved her from hearing more proposals for her daughter's hand. Men twice Aurora's age were begging for her hand. One lord that was closer to her dead grandsire's age was even asking about her. Thankfully, Aemond's speech steered him away.

"Did you know about that?" Laenor asked her.

She nodded, "Aurora told me the night she fell."

"You approve?" Daemon questioned, his eyes scanning the room.

"I do, Uncle. I don't think there's a person out there better suited for Aurora than Aemond. The same goes for Aemond; Aurora is the best person for him. They clearly love each other, why wouldn't I approve?" She said, taking a drink of her wine.

"And what about you, brother? As her father, how do you feel about your daughter getting married?" Laena smiled at her brother, her tone lightly teasing.

Laenor pursed his lips, "Torn between proud and heartbroken. On one hand, she's growing up! But on the other hand, she's growing up."

Rhaenyra understood that feeling perfectly. She couldn't be happier for Aurora, and she loved watching the girl grow into a woman. But it made her sad that Aurora wasn't her little girl anymore.

She patted her husband's arm, "It's an odd feeling, sister. I'm sure, soon enough, you'll understand it."

She nodded to her group of boys; Aegon was eyeing Baela from across the room. Baela didn't seem to mind his eyes on her as she eyed him back. Rhaenyra couldn't suppress her laugh at how obvious they were.

Laena followed her line of sight, looking between the two, "Oh, gods. I don't think I'm ready."

Laenor chuckled at his sister, "Aegon's a good man. Baela will be a lucky woman."

"I'm not sure marriage is what they want," Daemon suggested, his smirk falling the slightest at, what she presumed to be, the thought of his daughter engaged in such activities. Rhaenyra almost laughed at the sudden disgruntled look on her uncle's face.

---------------------------

"If I don't leave right now, I think my feet will fall off. I mean it. They'll just fall right off," Aurora approached them, using her future husband as a support beam.

Rhaenyra's heart went out to the young woman. Her first festivity after a feast was horrendous on her feet as well. She nodded, pulling the girl into a hug, "Go on to bed. I'll send a maester with something for your feet in the morning."