September 2007: A Little More Time

I H A D H I M•

Work is hell right now. Being the executive in charge for a popular magazine here in Michigan, USA, I'm always stressed and busy. My boss always gives the challenging works to me and that makes me extra tired.

"I'm home, honey!" I shouted as I swing the door open.

I put my things on the table, seeing a plate of chocolate cake, half of it already eaten.

"I bought a small chocolate cake for the two of us. Just for fun and for reconnecting, I guess." Landon came from our room, already in his pajamas and white shirt.

I went closer to him and placed my arms around his neck, "Aww. That's so cute."

"I waited for you. I texted you and called you, but you didn't answer. I got hungry so I already ate my half." Landon explained as he remove my arms on his shoulders.

I got shocked, "Honey, I'm so sorry. I need to finish everything at work. I forgot to check out the time."

"Yes, time. I have an idea, why not try checking our time for each other also? A time when it's just the two of us, a time for some bonding and a time for our marriage." Landon said as he turns his back at me, heading to our bedroom.

A silent tear fell on my cheek, realizing how sincere his intention was.

He turns his head to me, "All I need is a little more time."

Then he shut the door closed.

I got my bag and opened it, finding where my phone is.

I unlocked it,

"Landon sent you 24 messages."

"You missed 17 calls from Landon."

****

I can imagine how delicious that chocolate cake is. :>

With love and watermelon shakes (that's yummy!),
- Finn ._.