6- When blondie freaks out

While Mara was at school, Vivian had paced her lab in panic with Stephan staring at her worriedly.
"She's becoming immune to the serums, Stephan. Why is she immune to it? I thought you said it was efficient!" She bellowed.

"You should stop all this, Vivian. Your quest for power is making you like this. Stop before you ruin yourself." Stephan said.

He had pitied Mara and regretted in taking part with Vivian's crazy experiments. He couldn't bear what Vivian put her through.

"I have given enough of my blood to increase the stength of the potions I inject her with and yet she's immune. You better find a long lasting solution to this problem or all our work will be for nothing." She ignored his words and kept mumbling in panic.

"I have to tear down her self- esteem everyday and it's killing me to do so. She's a full blooded Gemini unlike my Meredith that I left behind but her father put me up to this task."

Stephan looked skeptically at Vivian.

"Are you absolutely certain that it is not you who doesn't want her to take her rightful position to be the king's guard? You chained her parents and made her believe that they were dead and will never return, just so your daughter could get a fighting chance for the position."
"Now that her soulmate is the king's son, you became jealous of a fate you shouldn't even wish for yourself or anyone for that matter." He continued.
"You know very well that Mara is not of your blood and you are jealous that she gets preference over Meredith who's a half-blood Gemini. They're best friends and you divided them all in your quest for power."

"Shut the hell up before I destroy that tongue. I am not jealous of Mara. I have to return to the Dra Thor realm at all costs. I'm the rightful warrior and I'm meant to be the King's guard, not her!"
"That's your reason? To be close to the king? How arrogant can you be? I have been an ally to you all these years but do not believe that Mara's mother will not hear of all the atrocities you bestowed on her child."

"Her mother is from the Gemini realm herself. A realm stronger than ours. You are playing with fire, Vivian! You know that it is a taboo for two different realms to procreate. We are only allowed positions in different realms of our choice."

"Do not go against the council rules. The Dra Thor realm controls all realms and you know this."

"Cease speaking, Stephan. When did you turn so pitiful? Have you forgotten that you played a part in all of this as well? I wiped her memory of the seven realms and their existence so she won't remember where she came from. You helped me do it. So you will receive your due punishment when we return back to the Dra Thor realm."
Stephan sighed."Is this a new method? The guilt trip? I'll have you know that I'll gladly accept any punishment from the king. You've tortured the poor girl long enough. You really have no conscience, Vivian."

"I am your master! You will not speak to me that way." Vivian screamed.

"Your guilt haunts you, your greed consumes you and your quest for power will destroy you. Return the girl's memories of the seven realms so she can take her rightful place beside her parents, be the king's guard and if possible be with her mate. She has enough trouble navigating having a soulmate from another realm when it's against council laws. On top of that it's none other than the king's son. Leave her be and don't add to her troubles."

"You are a coward, Stephan." Vivian screeched.
"I'd rather be a coward than invite war on the seven realms. End this or seek your doom." Stephan said and walked out.
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Hi? First of all I deeply apologize for being inconsistent with my updates. Here's a chapter to make up for that... I really can't say when I'll update next but I got a hit of inspiration to finish this story. I'll try to update more. All I can say is I lost inspiration to write for a while.

Next up is a little info on the seven realms by next week. Bear with me y'all. I love you all infinitely.☺

R.Malik.