5- Can you just not?

This is in Zeke's pov y'all.

Zeke

She was beautiful.

'Come on! Your name is definitely not just Kane. You gotta give me a name.' I exclaimed.

'Ever heard the term, 'invading personal space?' That's what you're doing, so back off.'

'But we're permanent seatmates for algebra and you're obviously smarter than me.'

She sighed and had a resigned look on her face. 'Mara. It's Mara. That's all you're getting.'

'So are you going to tell me how you got the teacher's answer back there?'

She had a bored look on her face. ' It's basic algebra.'

I decided to just cut to the chase. ' I want you to tutor me.'

'Is that all I'm good for? No. Trust me, you're not the last person to request that. Unfortunately, my answer is still no, to you and all others who've asked for tutoring. I have to get to my next class.' She closed her locker and sashayed her way to her next class. Leaving me to stare at her curiously.

I had stared till all classes were over. I admired her frowns, her sass, her boldness... in fact there were a lot of things I could admire about her.

My only regret is that it had to be from afar now, as she won't let me get close to her. One other thing I'd noticed though...

She was troubled by something. Call me crazy but I had a sixth sense for these sort of things.

She had become my muse. Sure, she had a mysterious aura cloaking her but that was my mystery to unravel.

I knew what people said about her being an alien but the honest truth was that I didn't care about any of their words.

That's because they were rumors.

I knew she could feel me gaze intently at her and finally out of frustration she'd turned and asked four simple words.

'Can you just not?'

'Not what?'

'Guilt me into tutoring you. I know what you're trying to do and I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it won't work. Just leave me be and we'll be fine, cool?'

'I can't do that, Kane.' I say seriously.

' But I can. Quit being curious about me because it won't get you anywhere.'

I watched as she walked off to a jeep with a blonde haired woman waiting for her, probably her mother. I'd vowed to get past her walls.

No matter what.