2

Not Proofread

‘Where am I?. . .was I kidnapped?’

After the bright light had vanished, Cale was no longer present in the room; instead, it was a very small black-haired child. One who was badly beaten, dirty, and way too skinny for a child. The little kid only had a blank expression while staring at everyone within the room; they, too, had a blank confused expression. Ron was the first to recover from the sudden situation; as Ron took a step forward toward the child, he could only see him take a step back from him. The child then quickly kneeled down and laid his head on the floor.

“I-Im sorry. My uncle has no money. . .I am useless for y-your blackmail so please. . .Let me go home.”

“!?”

Ron looked at him dumbfounded, seeing this poor child who seemed to be his puppy master fear for his life angered him a bit. He reached out to the child before stopping mid-air. He noticed the child shaking so much.

‘Is he crying?’

“Cale?”

“Human is that you!?”

As Raon approaches the child, sniffing him here and there, the child raises his head and sees the black dragon looking at him with sad, teary eyes. The child couldn’t help but let out a yelp as the dragon continued to stare at him. The kittens also began to approach the child with the same expression as Raon.

“Cale!”

“What happened to you?”

“Human is hurt. . .”

“. . .”

“Kim Rok Soo . . .”

After hearing his name, he turns his head toward the person behind him. It was Choi Han. His expression was filled with remorse. He, too, looked like he was about to break down. While the child just stared at him with empty eyes. The child opens his dry mouth once more while staring at the young swordsman.

“Yes?. . .”

Choi Han slowly approached the child and kneeled down in front of him. He takes out his hand while giving the small child a soft smile, holding back tears.

“You’re safe here. No one is going to hurt you. . . my name is Choi Han.”

The child stared at Choi Han for a long time before hesitantly grabbing the hand of the swordsman. He was the only one who looked normal out of all the colorful hair and scary people around him. As Choi Han picks up the child, he notices the swollen ankle and the bruised up body. Trying to hold the child carefully and gently. He looks at him.

“Let’s heal you up first, okay?”

The kid just nodded at the suggestion before Choi Han turned his head to Eruhaben; understanding what he meant. The golden dragon walked toward the child. He tried his very best to remain calm, but his eyes were telling another thing. The child looked terrified as Eruhaben's hand reached out to him. Without a second thought, the child buried himself in Choi Han’s chest. He tried his best to hide from this dragon.

“You unlucky. . . child.”

He laid his hand on the child’s head. Healing him fully, his face wasn’t swollen, and all the bruises were gone. The child lifts his head and looks at himself a bit before looking up at the dragon, amazed. Eruhaben quickly looks away from the child before looking toward Ron and the others.

“Let’s give him a warm bath and something to eat.”

“Of course, I'll notify Beacrox and prepare the bath.”