This Love - Kim Garam

These hands had to let it go free
And this love came back to me

Your P.O.V.

I sat in silence as I held my knees together and listened to the calming waves of the sea.

"Y/n!"

I turned my head to look at the person who brought us here. His eyes were smiling emptily and his hair was blown into a mess by the wind.

"Here's your coffee." he handed down the cup before sitting down beside me.

I muttered a small 'thanks' and carefully sipped the hot drink. The clouds were dark and it wasn't even late enough for sunset.

"I'd like to sit and watch the sea a little longer, but don't you think we should head inside before it rains?" he said.

I wanted to reject his offer, but I couldn't. What choice do I have?

"Sure."

He closed the door behind him as I sat down the chair. Thankfully, the window was just beside the coffee table. So I could stare at the sea even while inside the cottage.

I could hear him sigh after laying down the bed, probably tired after a long ride. I can tell he only agreed on going here for a date because our mutual friend insisted that things would work out between us.

"What do you want to do?" he asked.

'Sit down at the sand and wait for the tide to rise', I thought to myself.

"Whatever you want to do." I blankly replied without facing him.

A quiet groan escaped his lips. By now it was already obvious that we both do not want to deal with the likes of each other.

Until night came, nothing happened. I finished coffee and ate dinner alone, while he just laid down the bed and stayed on his phone.

The cottage only had one bed, so I was forced to sleep beside him. And when I did, he put his phone down and subtly went closer to me. I knew what he was thinking, so I turned my back on him and said my goodnight.

"What?" he spoke.

"I'm tired. Let's just sleep." I mumbled.

This time, he made it clear and obvious that he was disappointed. He groaned loudly and took his phone and car keys.

"That's it. I thought you were interested in me." he whined.

I slowly sat up and watched as he got ready to leave.

"Don't tell me you're leaving me here?" I huffed.

"There are other girls out there who would be trading anything just to sleep with me. You're not worth it." he sighed before going out, not forgetting to slam the door shut.

For the hundredth time, I was rejected. And I knew very well that it was because of me. I checked my phone and looked at the time, it was only past 8.

I took my coat and went outside. The cold wind didn't waste any time and rushed through my body. Without knowing, a smile crept up my lips as I stared at the sea. It was dark, and the waves were getting bigger.

I walked a good distance and sat down at the sand. Lately, I missed the way things used to be. And going here was one of the ways for me to reminisce the old times.

"You're going to catch a cold if you stay here."

I widened my eyes and snapped my head to look at the owner of that familiar voice.