Chapter 1: He-he vanished...

A bus drove at a steady speed towards the most prestigious high school in all of Japan; ANHS.

Ayanokouji looked out the window of his priority seat, ignoring an argument that seemed to begin a little ahead of him. He had mo interest in being involved, and simply admired the sights he had never seen and never would see again.

Voices were raised up front as a new person appeared. Ayanokouji briefly eavesdropped, looking at who was speaking out of the corner of his eye instead, before he decided it was wholly irrelevant. Besides, showing interest might catch their attention. Better to just not listen.

Returning to his window, he adjusted positions ever so slightly and glanced around the bus, quickly studying the appearance of those around him. Satisfied, he turned back to his window, before staring back out again, letting his mind wander.

A gaze on him caused him to turn, briefly locking eyes with a black-haired girl, who narrowed her own as the two met. Ayanokouji stared at her blankly, and she looked back, glaring as Ayanokouji continued to not turn away.

He didn't blink. He didn't breathe. Ayanokouji stared harder than he ever had before, refusing to do absolutely anything. Horikita's glare began dying, confusion replacing it. 'Is this dude okay?' She thought to herself, deterred by his odd behavior. Finally, she turned back to her book. Best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Eventually, she looked back towards him out of curiosity. Immediately, she jumped in surprise, shutting her book accidentally, losing her page number.

Ayanokouji sat right next to her in the seat, still staring at her unblinkingly. She had no idea how he got there; no noise had been made, she didn't even feel his eyes on her, and when she looked down now, she could clearly see his legs not far from her own. It wasn't like Horikita had focused on her book that hard either, nor would it have distracted her enough for someone to be literally shoulder to shoulder with her.

Recovering, she glared harder than ever at the boy, before scooting closer to the window and trying to look back at her book. After shuffling through it to find her page again, she gave in and looked back towards the mysterious guy, preparing to say something to deter him. However, he was no longer there. Instead, he was back in his seat, staring out the window as if he had never moved in the first place. She stared with her mouth slightly open in shock. How the hell is did he just move like that?

————————————————————————————
The bus stopped eventually. Ayanokouji walked out with the crowd, relieved to be able to stretch his limbs. He looked forward, anticipating his future that will unfold before him. There the school stands, several hundred acres of potential.

Horikita walked out of the bus, her focus immediately going to Ayanokouji, who stood still. Taking her chance, she called him out.

"Hey, you!" She announced herself coldly. He turned around slowly. "Why were you staring at me on the bus?" Her voice took an odd edge, and she cursed herself internally at failing to maintain fully composed.

Finally, Ayanokouji opened his mouth, and Horikita prepared for his answer with relief.

Then, suddenly, he sank into the floor.

Horikita watched, eyes bulging like crazy with her mouth wide open in shock as he vanished into the ground as if it were quicksand.

"I-he-wha-" She stuttered to herself, trying to piece together the impossible sight she'd witnessed. Mind going on autopilot as her consciousness fled and her subconscious took over to bring her to the classroom she belonged in.

Chapter End, AN below.

This is the beginning of this story that spawned out of nowhere in my mind. For those interested, please let me know if you would like to see this continued. The idea has amused me for a long time.