Chapter 9

Tony woke up to find a letter sitting on the bed next to him. "Ms. Potts dropped it off while you were sleeping."

"Is it from Steve?" Jarvis said, "yes sir." Tony then picked up the letter and quickly opened it. As he read it he started to cry. He had fallen in love with the man on the other end of time. He would of continued but pepper walked in, "Tony, its from the United States Government."

"Not now pepper." She said, "Tony, the paper is pretty old." Tony set the letter in his hand down then took the one from pepper.

-

Start of Letter

-

Mr. Stark,

I am sorry to inform you that Captain Steven G. Rogers was killed in Action. I was told by Steve that you were a friend of his so I thought writing to you personally would be better than one of those automatic pre-typed letters. I wish I could hand deliver this to you, but alas, I am needed back over seas to help out with getting our troops home.

Sincerely, Agent Margret Carter.

-

End of Letter

-

"Tony," there was a moment of silence then pepper continued again, "The other avengers are ready to go look for the hulk." Tony nodded his head then left without another word.

-

Hours Later

Arctic

-

The avengers Quinn jet touched down. I got back into my suit and then walked outside with the others, "everyone split up. Stay warm and stay safe. The ice could slip out and you all could get seriously hurt. If you find the hulk then radio in. If you find anything but the hulk then be careful and radio in. The others nodded there head then they all split up.

-

Wasp radioed in not long after we split up. She didn't say much but it was enough to be alarming. I was the first to get there, and when I found Steve in the ice... Well I froze. No pun intended. After the others got there I started to unthaw Steve. We eventually got him on the Quinn jet and back to avengers Tower.

-

Avengers Tower

Steve's Room

-

Tony sat in a chair at the opposite end of the room from Steve Reading. There was a small breeze from the fan, and an old baseball game playing on his dad's old radio. Tony hadn't left the room since they brought Steve back to the tower, and that was several days ago. Pepper tried to get tony to eat this morning, but he wouldn't open the door. She knew he loved the captain, and to be honest, she thought Tony was crazy till they brought the good captains body to the tower.

--

Tony was about to take a nap till he noticed Steve move. Tony got up and walked to Steve's bed as he sat up, "captain Rogers?" Steve turned to the radio then turned back to tony and stood up. The blonde toward over tony, but he didn't care. "Where am I?" Tony said, "you're in the recovery room I made for you in New York City." Steve looked back to the radio then to tony and said, "where am I really?" Tony took a step back as the captain continued to say, "that game, it was from May of 1941. I know because I was there."

Tony said, "I know." Steve got wide eyed then tony continued, "you've been asleep steve, for almost 70 years." Steve slowly sat back down. Tony said, "are you going to be ok?" Steve took a moment then said, "ya it's just, I had a date." tony took another step back, "oh, well Captain Rogers, I'll let you sit here for awhile. Give you some time to think about everything." tony was about to walk away when Steve stood up again and tony said, "can you help me find someone?" Tony nodded his head then Steve continued, "can you help me find Tony Stark?" Tony turned to the door and asked, "what did you mean when you said you had a date?" Tony turned back to Steve and watched him say, "tony, he was a friend back during the forties. we were going to meet for the first time if I had made it out of the army. so, can you help?" Tony smiled, "I can, and I can tell you tony wasn't from the forties."

"How do you know?" Asked Steve. Tony said, "because I'm Tony, the one who's been writing back to you. The one you promised you'd be with till the end of the line. The one you told to be strong after everything that happened to me." Steve went wide eyed again then tony said, "Steve I have every letter and I can show them to you if you don't believe me."

"And Howard?"

"He was my father. He died several years ago. Steve," Tony slowly made his way to the door when Steve stopped him and pulled him in for a kiss, "I'be been wanting to do that since we started writing to each other. I'm happy I found you." tony wrapped his arms around Steve's neck then said, "I am too." The two kissed once more then left to see the other avengers.

--

the end

--

Authors note:

if you want to see more then comment on what you want to see. I will write more if my readers comment.