chapter 6- What Now?

Once they'd each had their fill of breakfast, Nya said goodbye and left, she was heading to the gym to work out, which she typically did. Lloyd wasn't sure what to say to Kai as they sat awkwardly at the table. He could feel Kai's eyes tracing his figure, slowly running up and down his thin body. It was like Kai knew he was thinking about what had happened. He knew he was working through it. 

Kai's Pov:

I didn't know what to think as I looked at him. What was he thinking about? Was it me? Did he want to leave? I didn't want to lose him, but I couldn't force him to like me anymore than I could anyone else. 

"Uhm, hey? Do you maybe want to go see a movie or something?" 

"U-uhm! Sure!" He heard Lloyd's voice squeak as he talked, he watched as a red tint dusted across his face as they looked at one another, "What movie?"

He struggled to pick a movie, but they eventually settled on a romcom called Alex Strangelove. Kai had seen the movie quite a few times and he knew Lloyd would like it, it was kind of relatable. They bought tickets online and Lloyd headed home to get changed. 

Lloyd's Pov: 

I walked down the long sidewalk towards my house, the house I shared with my dad. Things were kind of hairy between my parents, since my mom tried to ditch me at a boarding school when I was a kid. They'd been in a constant back and forth ever since, my mom wanting a connection with me, while both me and my dad refused to have any contact with her that wasn't over a court date. Things were rough, that on top of the bullying and all this confusion was overwhelming. 

When I got to the house I saw my moms car in front of it, she was with a tall guy in a tux with a briefcase and the sight immediately made me sick to my stomach. I pushed past them on the porch and went inside, ignoring my mom as she called my name, trying to talk to me. Dad blocked her from entering the house and told her and the man she was there with that if they didn't get off his property, he'd call the police. That's when I heard a phrase that made me sick to my stomach, "The court gave me partial custody and I want to see my son."

"So, get out of my way, Garmadon. NOW." my blood boiled as I turned around and got between them, crossing my arms firmly over my chest. The tension was thick as the ocean was deep and could be cut with a knife. 

"Get out of here right now," I said firmly as I looked down at her with enough hatred that if looks could kill, she'd be dead, "I want nothing to do with you. Not now. Not ever."

"Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon, you will not talk to me that way!" Misako growled as she raised her hand to hit him, but he grabbed her wrist firmly in his palm, their eyes locking as he stepped towards her, forcing her backwards. 

"Keep my name out of your f**king mouth, you good for nothing piece of sh*t!" I felt my voice grumble in my throat as tears glimmered at the waterline of my eyes, "You will never ever be apart of my life! Never again! Not after what you did! Now get the hell out of here right now! Because last time I checked, my life didn't revolve around you!" That seemed to be the last straw as she stumbled back in shock, looking at the kid she'd left crying on the door step of Darkley's School for Bad Kids who now looked at her the same way her ex husband did.

"This isn't the last time you'll see me, you spoiled brat!"

"F**k you!" I growled as she got into her car with the man and sped off, it was clear that the only way she could leave us alone was if I made a statement. I felt dads hand on my shoulder and every bit of anger flowed out as I buried my face in his shoulder, trying not to let out a sound as tears rolled down my face. Why did she have to make things so g*dd**mn hard!

"Easy kiddo, everything's gonna be okay..," dad whispered as he ran a hand through my hair, I could hear his voice quaking, "I won't let her hurt you ever again."

I took a few deep breaths before I went inside to get ready for the movie. How was I gonna tell Kai about this? What's gonna happen if she gets full custody? I didn't have time to worry about these things as I stepped into the shower and washed my hair and body, trying to clear my head.

(I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Thing's are a bit busy and will get busier with the holidays coming up, but I'll do my best to get updates out as much as I can! Happy Holidays everyone!)