Author's Note & Warnings

"𝘋𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘱𝘴."

_______________

• This is a work of fiction

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

Copyright © 2022 by Raine Alinsky

All rights are reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced or used in any manner without permission of the copyright owner. I don't own the pictures used in the story unless otherwise indicated, the same is my proprietary property.

• Constructive criticism is appreciated but let's not be rude to each other.

Plagiarism is a grave offense under the law.

I am a law student, and will not hesitate to sue your ass if you try to plagiarise my work. I've put my thoughts, and efforts, and time, so much time into this book, do not make me travel that path. If you see my story lingering anywhere other than Wattpad, please let me know. 

TW: death, blood, gore, torture, gangrape, self-hate, depression, etc.

These subjects are extremely sensitive, and you are a priority. Please take care of yourself and steer clear from this book if these subjects trigger you. I do not generally add author notes or tw between the chapters, but if someone still feels they need it, just let me know I'll add for you.

Ps: I'm here if you wanna talk or share anything that hurts you. Rant here freely, idc. You are important.

The book is 18+

I repeat. It's unlikely that you'd heed to me, but as an author it's my job to say this. My stories won't contain holy scenes, if those exist. You'll experience various kinks in here, and I have no intention to chastise a minor's mind. If you stay here, god bless you child. Or not. Hide from God, you'll need it.

I'm an atheist though. So please don't come at me and throw virtual eggs on my fantasies cause they are wild.

Do read the author's note. It's really really important before you move ahead.

___________

To all you gorgeous readers,

Before you read "The Heir to Ivory,"

I can't tell you how this book is such an essential part of me. 

I know, you might've come here looking for a world that is so different from ours. You'd want to see the male and female protagonists laugh, bicker and fight for each other soon. But this is a slow-burn romance. And when I say slow burn, I really mean turtle slow.

My book will require patience, and honest emotions from you. Some days, it will make you want to bang your head, some days it'll make you weep into your pillow cover past midnight, and some days you'll swoon in comments and hide your drenched garments. Don't be shy, I've been here for a while, and I know the drill (I won't rob you when we get there).

As a novice, I dare not say that it's the kind of book that Sarah J. Mass or Jennifer Armentrout have written but maybe in ten years, I will know how to be patient with my own book too. 

Here, characters do not jump on each other out of the blue and mate, they build, slow and steady, and once you delve into their lives they become a part of yours. 

That is what I want them to achieve, I'm not sorry for that. 

Arlane, I love that woman to the death of my soul and so many characters along with her. Believe me, they've expected nothing less from me. They've demanded my time, creativity, and for best or worst: parts of myself that even I shy away from.

This will be a series of two or three books. Maybe more. I don't know. 

But if you choose to hold on to Arlane and her story, I promise this book will be worth your time.

I'll update once or twice a week. That's the minimum bar I've set, if I'm free then you can see even three updates in a week. Add it to your library, just in case.

You know I love you for being here. I hope this story is your perfect escape from whatever you're dealing with, I pray it gets better.

Love,

Your Raine.