Until I Lost You - Season 2 - JM

It was early dusk, the sun was already shutting. The time was exactly 6:45 PM when you reached the busy coffee shop and stood in the queue. You never did this and you never had to. Little perks to being a daughter of a rich gangster.

It was your turn and you placed the order and forgot that your wallet was empty by now. It was all spent on the cab that you took to run away until you reached another state. It was a quick decision and you had to do it.
Which sounds so stupid right now.

But a man came up to you and decently paid for your order and you thanked him for being so generous.
The world is good after all. Then you took your coffee only to find that the cafe was full and there were no seats available.

Before your eyes landed on the same man who paid for your coffee, he was sitting alone and so you went to his table. He agreed for you to join him not minding.

One hour passed and you both were laughing at an impractical joke that you almost forgot what it was when you saw his eyes smiling as he laughed. His hair was perfectly kept yet two strands fell on his exposed forehead.

He wore a black turtle neck tee that made his jaw look sharp as a knife. His plump lips left a few words that you barely caught as you focused on his taut jawline and smooth skin.

He narrowed his eyes and spoke again. You dropped your gawking stare and rearranged your focus on his words. That was the first time you knew that people are always so pure when they speak from their heart.

You told him everything about your childhood and your dream, of course hiding the fact about your rich family background and the dirty business of your father.

And he genuinely appreciated your efforts for taking up your dream seriously and trying to be independent.
The introduction was detailed and you got butterflies when he said his name, Park Jimin. Like he was an angel sent for you with a pure shining halo on his head that only you could see.

You believed him when he said kind words to you. You believed him when he said you could make it to the top. You believed him when he said he would help you. You believed him when he said he was a photographer and said had connections that could give your career a start.

But it was all an act. He hid his real identity only to lure you into his house. To trap you until he fell for you. You even believed in those magical three words and lost your beating heart to this man.

And here you are with that same man, who is about to crush you like a bug and toss you aside. You are just a cleaning mess for him.
All this time you thought he wanted revenge by killing the only daughter of his enemy until he fell in love with you.

You endured so much to keep your best friend safe but in the end, he betrayed your trust. You endured hell when Michael told you how your father does not want you back because now you were dirty. A shame for his reputation and dirty money.

And right now you were facing the harsh reality as the truth unfolds and the true man behind the mask is revealed. One betrayal after another. It felt as if your heart was pumping poison and not blood. Every breath was like a curse. A lie that you lived your whole life.

And it was all a lie right from the beginning. Unsure of what to do next, you see only one option.

Run...

.

.

.

[JIMIN POV]

Albert and I were having a discussion when an old man busted into my office and I have no idea how he even got through the security inside my house.
What are my men doing?

"Explain to me why is she still breathing when we had a clear conversation after that video you sent that she is just collateral damage to both of us, If you can't handle the work just let me know, there are many others who can take a kill without even a flinch"

How I was hating all the words that this man was spitting about his own daughter. But then again we have never failed at any task before and this was nothing like I had ever thought.

The last time we had a detailed conversation knowing that my revenge just went to hell when he put forward another deal for me. A deal to kill his daughter anyway and in exchange, he will never interfere with my business.

Not that he ever affected my work of line but for some reason I was glad. y/n is a drug, that I never thought would affect me but it was affecting me, funny about the irony though, but I am addicted now more than ever.

Knowing she was under my roof and protection, whether I kill her or keep her was my decision and I so much want to keep her. Shield her from this world no matter how many swords I have to bear, I will gladly do it for her.

"Didn't we have a deal? She is no longer important to me, get done with her or live her to me I will finish--"
"No!", I snapped but I know I cannot make this seem like my weakness.

"I still haven't finished my fun with her, if you know what I mean", I said.
There was a slight movement in the direction of the door but I ignored it.
My men have become useless.

He was neither amused nor irritated at my words, worst father, I swear I want to put a bullet in his head right now but I have to hold back just like how I let go of that bastard Michael.

"I want her dead!"
He again raised his voice in my chamber. The heat was getting high.
"The work will be done soon enough", Albert spoke this time knowing how much I was trying to keep all that rage buried inside me.

Why a father has to hate her daughter so much? was the question I was asking myself now.

"May I ask-- What is it that you want her dead so badly apart from her not being a virgin?", I asked half expecting it to turn out-- I think even I don't know what I am expecting so I waited for his answer instead.

"She is not my daughter, my wife cheated on me with her lover, which is why y/n lost her mother at a very young age--"
he said putting up a smile
"--and all this time she was a good deal to me until she decided to screw it up by running away"

I don't really know how love is supposed to work but she does not deserve this, she does not deserve him as a father.

My hand supposedly went for my gun because his time was up and I wanted to empty all the bullets in his head.

"Well now we see that she is out of your path and with us, you don't have to be concerned whether how long she stays alive"
That was Albert again. Why is he even saving this guy?

This time again I thought there was someone outside, my heart rate is definitely going up and I don't know if it is because of this man or a feeling about someone is watching us or hearing this conversation and I hope it is not y/n. She won't be able to handle it.

I anyway need to check on her and get away from this man before Albert steps in again and I might even drop Albert if he tries to interfere again. I have to get out of here.

"I think you should let yourself out f here, I have other work to attend"
Without even waiting for any response I left my office towards her room. Partly hoping she is asleep or busy or talking to Mila.

Her back was on me. I was watching her sleep, her breathing pattern was normal and I didn't want to disturb her right now even though I wanted to wake her up to my kisses but I let it slide this time.