Chapter 3

I walked down to the dinning room in wearing a knot back lantern sleeve ruffle black dress. I walked in to find Stefan in a simple grey shirt with pants. He had rolled his sleeves. He was looking at his phone as I took a seat next to him. He looked up and his eyed widened in slight shock.
"What?" I asked him.
"Nothing. Uhm... you look good." He said.
"Did I look terrible eight hours before?" I asked.
He got nervous. I chuckled as I gave him a small smile. "I was just messing with you. Thank you. You look a little troubled. Paperwork for the transfer here was brutal?" I asked. "Sort of." He answered and returned a small smile. We had some wonderful ravioli for dinner. The dessert was some mint chocolate chips. I sighed in bliss.
"Would you like to join me in my room for some... uhm..." "Relaxation. Hanging out?" I asked. "Uhm... Yeah." He said. I nodded my head as we walked up to his room. His room seemed to be way bigger than mine. It had a living room in itself and two doors to the extreme right in the small corridor that was there. I was surprised as to how big it was and yet it looked just as simple. There was a small table in the far left corner with a record player on it. The bookshelf next to it was filled with records. "You like music?" I asked him. "It seems to be the only thing that calms me. I can just drown in someone else's words. But, I never found any voice that I could drown in." he said. I nodded my head. "Why don't you pick a song for us to listen to?" I ask him. He rose his eyebrows in surprise, "Uhm... okay." He said as he moved over to the records. I poured us some champagne. I handed him one drink. He took it and continued browsing. I walked around the room looking at the painting and small trinkets on the dresser before, I sat down on the brown leather couch. I slowly sipped the champagne. I looked at Stefan from afar and noticed how his biceps seemed to be flexing under his shirt. How his muscles moved in his forearm as he shuffled through the records. The veins shifting as he moved his fingers. He way his back formed an angular shape like a triangle. He finally moved as he picked a record and played the music. The sweet melody of How deep is your love- bee gees began to play. He walked over and I stood up placing my champagne on the side table as I stood in front Stefan. He understood that I would like to dance. He set his glass down next to mine. I put my hands around his neck and his arms circled my waist.
We swayed to the music slowly. The next song that came on was When you say nothing at all- Ronan Keating. I looked at him confused. "It's a mixtape. My mom had made." He whispered. I nodded my head before I closed my eyes and shifted closer to him. He moved behind and took my hands in his as he twirled me around before we moved around the room for a while and then went back to swaying. I smiled at how we glided. I had my eyes glued to his dark turquoise ones. His was blank. But, his eyes were deep with emotion. I averted my eyes back to his chest as another song came on.
This time it was Take my breath away. Stefan pulled me closer, he held me tighter. I melted into his warmth. I let my hands hang a little more loosely now. I breathed in his perfume, before I leant my head on his chest right at the crook of his neck. We swayed for who knows how long. In silence. I looked up at him and he looked at me and we stopped dancing. Our faces close. My breath hitched. His eyes seemed to move around my entire face as mine did. We traced the others face like we had seen it for the very first time in such beauty under the dim yellow chandelier light. His eyes moved down to my lips and back to my eyes. I looked at his pink plush lips that looked softer than cotton. I looked at his eyes that seemed to be almost darker and yet it shined like the brightest stars were in his eyes.
Our faces moved closer. Our breaths mixed with the others. Our eyes closed. Our lips brushed against the other.
"Sir?" there came a knock on the door. I pulled myself away and stepped back. Stefan seemed to frown in anger before he stormed to open the door. "What?" he barked at the man. The man seemed startled before he whispered something to Stefan. Stefan's face hardened and then his eyes met mine. He nodded at the man before he closed the door once again. I looked at him sadly knowing he had to go to work. There was an emergency no doubt. I gave him a small smile. "It is getting late. I should get to bed too." I said. He nodded his head. I opened the door walking past him and was about to open my door before I turned around and walked back to Stefan and leaned up to kiss cheek. "Good night, Stefan." I whispered softly. He looked at me blankly. I looked down before turning back. I smiled to myself before I closed the door to my room and leaned against the door. I changed and got under the covers. I breathed in deeply knowing that my plan to get the truth had just taken off. I smiled closing my eyes.