𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
"Justice for all"

People do certain things to survive

People do certain things to survive. Not because they want too, but because they have too in order to keep them and the people they love safe. Those things could be betrayal... murder... lying. We become whoever we need to be because we don't want to die. We lose the hood parts of ourselves to satisfy others just to keep ourselves safe. But that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter who you were, it's about who you are now. But that only matters if you are willing to change in the first place...

In the immediate aftermath of Sebastian's death during the Founders Day celebration, Jane, Magna and Roslyn are finding there way back home in the midst of a crazy, screaming, and violent crowd. "Come on, this way!" Magna shouts as she leads the way when suddenly, Jane sees Eugene in the distance as he looks around with fear in eyes like he's looking for someone. He grabs onto another girl, thinking she was the person he was looking for but she wasn't due to the sad expression plastered on his face.

"You! It was you who killed Sebastian!" The women shouts and Jane stops in her tracks. "Jane, what are you doing?" Magna says as she holds tightly onto Roslyn's hand. "Take her home, I promise I'll be there soon, okay?" Jane states as she rest her hand on Roslyn's cheek and looks into Magna's eyes before they travel over to Eugene.

"Okay" Magna nods as she watches Jane kiss the top of Roslyn's head and quickly make her way through the crowd. "Come on, Ros."

"It was you!" The women continues to scream, making a few scattering civilians stop in their tracks as she pushes Eugene roughly. "No, no no" Eugene mumbles to himself before Jane comes over, pushing the women into the large crowd, watching as she gets lost in the midst of people before Jane grabs into Eugene's arm and starts dragging him to safety.

"Wait! I need to find Max! I can't leave her!" Eugene says as Jane shakes her head, "We'll find her later, come on!" Jane shouts before she sees Daryl rush out of the door of a nearby store and urges them to come in.

"This way!" Jane shouts, dragging Eugene into the store, Daryl roughly shutting the door when they both enter. Jane catches her breath as she stands up against the wall while Daryl looks out the window cautiously, knowing it's only going to get worst.

"We gotta get out of here. Find some place more secluded" Daryl voices as him, Jane and Eugene stand in the store, looking at each other. "Is there a back door to this place, if so, it should be a straight shot to the church from here" Jane says as she heads to the back of the store, Eugene and Daryl following after her as she finds a back door. Before opening it, she looks out the window of the door, making sure no troopers are going around.

"I— I need— I have to go find Max" Eugene stammers as Jane turns to look at him. "There a troopers all over this street and that women made it known to a lot of people that she thinks you killed Sebastian. They'll be looking for you so we have to get as far away as possible" Jane argues before she places her hand on the door. "But I didn't— I didn't kill him, okay? You know that, right?" Eugene says as he holds his hand together, sniffing in his tears.