Chapter 2 : Survive to the beat

The captain screamed in fear as he narrowly dodged a void lance aimed for his heart. He looked back to see the lance ran through the walls of the cave, decimating every object in its path.

'So, this is the power of the Herrscher of the Void... How fearsome.'

Minato didn't have the level of power even a D-rank Valkyrie would have so he didn't really know how he managed to survive for this long, but nonetheless, he still continued to stand his ground while trying to find a way to grab the injector from underneath the Herrscher.

On the other hand, as Sirin saw the serum that belonged to the hands of that human, she began remembering all her dark times at the Babylon labs, her friends strapped in operating tables as they cried for help. It was all for naught as they were killed, one by one, with those syringes filled with Honkai energy.

They were nothing more but disposable materials for those... things,

As she laid in her own operating table crying in sadness and fear for what happened to her friends, she pleaded for mercy, not wanting for the same fate to befall upon her.

It never came as they did the same thing to her, she screamed in pain as she was struck by the same syringe filled with odd violet liquid.

Now, she looked at serum below her one, this one filled with odd glowing blue liquid, her anger began to spike as another human tried to do what the others did again to her.

"Die, insect!" Sirin screamed, grabbing a void lance and wildly lashing it at him. Anger began to cloud her mind, she didn't fight with the same grace she had when she was at her peak. This time, the Will of Honkai didn't aid her.

Minato's 'protective gear' protected him from the strikes of the Herrscher, it also helped him that the Herrscher was blinded by her rage that she couldn't fight properly.

His protective gear was one that was based off the battle suits the Valkyries usually wear, although it lacked the offensive capabilities the battle suits possess, its defensive capabilities were near equal to theirs.

'Even if she is severely weakened, to which I think she is, she still could've probably killed in me less than 10 seconds if she really tried,'

Minato grabbed an explosive knife and threw it full force below the Herrscher. The knife exploded, shaking the cave and knocking back Sirin at a safe distance.

Minato saw the serum rolling away due to the shockwave from the explosion, he made a beeline for it but was stopped in his tracks as a void lance blocked him from advancing.

"Just where do you think you're going, you insect!"

'Shit-!'

Minato could barely react in time as Sirin swung another one of her void lances like a baseball bat at him at full force.

Minato swore he lost his consciousness there for a brief second, the searing pain was unbearable but he pushed on forward, swatting her away arm away from him with the Anti-Honkai Sniper Rifle he picked up from his bag.

Putting the Sniper Rifle back, he quickly grabbed a smoke grenade after shuffling through the multiple items he had in his backpack. Setting it off, he threw it at between him and the Herrscher.

A void portal was the Herrscher's response as he saw the smoke grenade disappear from existence.

'If I keep this up, then surely I can make her run out of energy.'

Minato grabbed more of his explosive knives, groaning in annoyance as he only saw that there were only 3 of them left.

'Great, just great.' Minato thought sarcastically, 'At this rate then I'm REALLY going to die!'