[The Funeral]

Favorite flower = (f/f)

God how quiet it was in the courtyard as all the head guards and knights including you watch the funeral take place. Everyone's helmet was off in respect of the Queen. It was just sad seeing the King and Princess so mournfully.

"May she rest in peace up in the skies," finishes the pastor. "You may now come up, say your last words to our queen, and leave a flower," they say walking to the stone coffin and leaving a rose.

The King was next walking up with his head down whispering something. Placing the rose down he stands up to full height a determined and enraged look in his eyes. He turns and walks out quickly Princess Pea reaches out for him, but to no avail.

No one moved till you walked ahead said a few words placed down (f/f) and walked over to the Princess placing a hand on her shoulder. Turning around the princess looks down at the flower in her hand. Walking past you she places the wilted rose in the bowl.

Walking back over to you still looking at the ground she grabs your sleeve. "I want to go," she whispers so only you hear. "To your room then?" You ask. "Yes," she replies. Holding out your arm you head off.

Turn your head to one of the guards you nod your head for them to continue. Two of the guards make kissy faces with each other and then point at you and the princess. This causes your face to explode into a blush and the other frauds quietly laugh. 

Flicking them off you turn back leading the Princess away not seeing the blush from the Princess for being so close to you. Once at the door you turn to Pea. "Hey, I just wanted to say-," but was cut off by the Princesses maidens pulling her into the room.

"Alright I'll talk to you later then," you sigh sagging your shoulders. Heading back to your room you change back into your armor.

Knock knock

"Hold on!" You call out finishing up and grabbing your helmet. "There you are! Damn (Y/n) you take forever to find," your friend Gabriel says laughing as his stomach bounces.

Gabriel was one of the captains along with you. He was in his late forties with a beer belly and messy stubble. "The king wants to talk with you," he says pushing you to start walking.

"Oh boy what now," you groan. "Who knows," Gabriel shrugs. The walk was quiet besides a small comment here and there about life. "Welp good luck kid," He says patting your shoulder before heading off to deal with other guards.

Knocking on the door they open up. "Ah (Y/n) there you are," the King says looking up from a paper. "Good evening sir how can I help?" You ask trying to see what he was writing. "I need you to run this to the town crier.

"Um, may I ask what it is your Highness?" You ask taking the paper. "I'm banning soup and rats," the King states dryly. "What?! Your Highness, you can't just do that it's against nature!" You freak out. Neither of you saw the blond hair poking out from behind the door.

"Quiet!" The King yells quickly turning to you. "I say it is going to happen it's going to happen, and if you question me again I might just ban you from this town," the King threatens. Still, neither of you hears the small gasp leaving someone's lips.

"Yes sir," you say looking down. "Shall I go then?" You ask looking back up. "Yes," the King states turning back to the window the seeing what might be the last of sunlight this town ever sees.

Upon leaving you to see a small shadow of a person running away from the door.  Heading to the Criers home you give him the paper.

"FROM THIS MOMENT ON SOUP, THE MAKING OF SOUP, THE SELLING OF SOUP, OR THE EATING OF SOUP IS HEREBY OUTLAWED IN THE KINGDOM!!! RATS ARE TO BE CONSIDERED ILEGAL AS WELL, AND ARE HEREBY DEAMS UNLAWFUL CREATURES IN THE KINGDOM!! FROM THIS MOMEMENT ON THE ANYONE HARBERING, SHELTERING, OR POSSESSING A RAT IN ANYWAY SHALL FACE THE FULL WRATH OF THE LAW!!!"

It hurt to watch as shops were closed and boarded up shut for who knows how long. The color all around started to blend as the smell of soup left the air. "Oh dear," you say heading back to your post scared of what's going to happen.