Chapter one

Jaydes pov
Another failed attempt, I say to myself.

Why won't it work?! I'm so tired of life, I begin to cry.

As the doctor walks in I wipe my tears,and act like I'm fine.

Dr.Stewart: "why Jayde we've been through this so many times, your here for a reason. Stop trying to give up"

"I can't do this anymore I'm hurting so bad...my dads been dead and my mom she's an addict, I can't go to them for help. I work two jobs trying to provide for myself and my baby brother ."

*******
3 hours later

I get discharged out of the hospital and I'm waiting on my guy best friend to come pick me up..I'm so worried abt my little brother but I know my best friend always takes care of him.

*nathen pulls up*
"Hey!" Nathen says as he gets out of the truck with my little brother, "we both have missed you jayde"

"My loves hey I've missed you both" I say with a smile. Nathen gives me a hug and hands me Greyson my little brother. I hold Greyson tight and kiss him all over.

I love being a big sister but it's so hard.. "get in!!" Nathen yells.

We get to my moms trailer and I walk inside to see her body...on the floor with a needle in her arm.

"Wow..nothing new ain't it." I say to Nathen.

Nathens pov
I've been best friends with jayde since elementary school..I was there for her when her dad died from being an alcoholic. I've been there for her with all of the failed attempts since the age 12..4 years later and she's still fighting I'm so proud of her.

I decide to call the ambulance to come and get her mom

*jayde starts crying*

I look over and I see jayde crying, I walked over to her and I hug her tight in my arms.

I tell her "I love you jayde dawn, no matter what you'll never loose me"

Jaydes pov
After the ambulance come and leave I go to my bedroom that I share with Greyson and I grab all of are clothes and shoes and put them into a suitcase.

I go into my moms room and I grab the jar under her bed and take all the money out of it..."324$" I say out loud. It's her freaking drug money ain't it.

I head to the bathroom and lock the door behind me..I get out the razor blade from the cubby hole in the sink.

I take the blade and press it against my wrist and watch the blood seep out.. I flinch
in pain but it feels so good...

I pop a pill to numb myself and head out of the bathroom to go to nathens house.

*******
We get to nathens house and he unpacks my bag and Greyson's.

We set up the playpen and lay Greyson down to sleep. I kiss Greyson on the forehead goodnight.

Nathen turns around and hugs me out of no where...his hugs are so comforting.

I go grab some bed time clothes and I put my hair up in a bun.

I go lay on the couch so Nathen can have his bed to himself..I cover up and drift off to sleep..