chapter 6: mentor

"From now on, I will be mentoring your training "

Oh. Shinobu is slightly taken back, but doesn't lose her cool. She nods, "yes, father. " I wonder what the reason for this is. "I will make sure to meet your expectations"

Tanaka hums. Since tries to find a hint in his posture expression, anything - but she can't read him at all.

Whatever she thinks. He won't ditaurb me.

" Well then" Tanaka continues -" you are to meet me at sunrise. Do not be late" shinobu, noticing his dismissing tone, bows, and turns to leave.

Suddenly, shinobu stops. Hey, I know that smell.....it smells like freshly bloomed roses bergamot. That's hanako's perfume! She turns to the direction she smelled it, but there's no-one there.

Weird....it couldn't be coming for the maid. So what's going on?

She hadn't seen the cherry girl in a while. Did something happen?

"Shinobu-sama?" The maid asks. Pulling shinobu out of thoughts. She pushes the moment aside for now, focusing on the present mater.

"Yes, yes. Let's go now."

Shinobu wears her ever perfect smile on her face as she tells her maid when to wake her up. She feels a cruel day of training is ahead.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

( Meanwhile, Hanakos POV)

I hum a small tune to myself as I skip through the building halls. I specifically asked my escort to wait at my room, so no-one is watching me. Freedom!

I was told that father asked me to meet him this morning. Of course, I immediately made my way to him - but it wouldn't hurt to have a bit of alone time.

I turn around the corner. Suddenly. Out of the corner of my eye I see a maid stationed at the enters of father's room. Out of instinct, I quickly stop and preform a genjutsu to make myself invisible.

Who! That was close...If she saw me, she'd send me back to my right back to my room! I sigh quietly. I'm about to turn and wait her out, when I see a familiar purple headed child walk out of the room.

Hey... that's shinobu! A smile instantly grows on my face and sparkles float around my head. As fast as they came, they dissappear just as quickly. What was she doing with father?

Suddenly shinobu stops. I tense. She turns around and...locks eyes with me . My breath hitches and a shiver runs down my spine. How creepy...! I realise I must've unconsciously gotten closer without knowing.

Can she sense me? No way, I don't suck that much at genjutssu....

" Shinobu-sama?" I flinch at that maid words. I forgot that she was here! Shinobu looks away instantly I relax. Whoo...

"Yes, yes. Let's go now," shinobu says happily. I watch, a little stumped, as they walk away. I wonder when I can sped time with her again...I miss her already!

Once they're gone, I release my genjutsu. Okay, maybe I should work on my genjutsu more....

I stand in front of the door, dusting myself a bit. Finally, I gently knock the door and enter. Putting shinobu aside for the moment .

"Father you called me"

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Author of the chapter: @darlingohayoxoxo

Author of the story: @smartasafly @darlingohayoxoxo

Reference pictures:

When shinobu stared at hanako

When hanako got caught.

(Any pictures are not made be us unless stated credits to the original owners)