3 of 5

"We will meet again, yakunaj..."  The thoughts of his words rung through me as I sat down beside my brother on his thrown while munching on an apple. Quite the man to say such things when he has seen a display of my power. So why would he playfully leave saying that and what did that word he said mean? His tone almost sound as if it was endearing.

"Yakunjai..." I muttered.

Namor..if I had to describe someone like you...you are like a storm.

Mysteriously coming into my life by meeting me the night I was looking out on the beach...you came into my life and washed over me like a torrential downpour in the middle of a barren desert.

From your attack on the city, and the waters under your command held me hostage. I couldn't get away, no matter how greatly I struggled, I couldn't breathe. But, I was able to fight and gain leverage, and you not only heed my warning but made a promise.

As much as I wanted to return to the beach or river bed to contemplate the events, M'baku made it his ruling that we must remain in our lands. Though it was probably best for me to do that...though I am better at peace when I am near the water.

"Yakunjai..." I muttered once again.

"What are you mumbling about now?" M'baku asked turning his attention towards me.

"Hm?" I questioned as I looked around to see everyone from the elders of the nation to the Dora Mijae looking at me. Yet, I only seemed lost, I wasn't really listening to them. "Nothing," I answer while taking another bite of my apple.

"And to think the Jabari's had such an arsenal at their side this whole time," M'baku praised, "We could have had the throne-"

"I probably would have politely declined given your motives back then," I smiled while patting his shoulder, "Let's get back to the task at hand."

"Considering your power, why didn't you end Namor when you had him?" One of the elders asked, "From the reports, you had his entire army in your grasp."

"Just because I could end Namor and his people, I would risk Wakanda going into an eternal war and who is to say the number of allies Namor probably has; who knows who else possesses Vibranium and has the exact same or even higher level of technological advancement. Also, I wasn't authorized to act to kill nor am I a member of the Queen's army. I am only her late son's best friend so I showed mercy."

"So how do you propose that we deal with Namor before he brings his warriors back here," a member of the Dora Mijae asked as I simply shrugged and bit into my apple nonchalantly.

"How can you casually eat while knowing the amount of power that man has and even the catastrophe he brought to Wakanda?" one of the elders shouted.

I simply shrugged again and took another bite out of spite, irking the elder even more, "I like how visitors are yelling at me to deal with their problems."

"Right, it is a wonder how anything gets done with these people," M'baku added.

The sounds of a ship passing above caused M'baku to stop and look above. One by one each person began looking upwards curious to know why a ship would be flying over the cave they were staying in but I knew all too well who exactly that person above was. I could feel the water flow through her body and it seems that her body was intertwined with trace elements of vibranium- similar to the vibranium she had on her wrist.

As she landed on the ground in a new suit yet familiar-looking suit except with bright gold accents, it was clear that she had embraced what she needed to become for the sake of her people. She turned around looking at everyone while nodding towards me as I simply nodded back and smiled. Slowly her mask retreated from her face and many were shocked.