Chapter 9

POV: Logan

I woke up this morning, alone in bed. I sat up, grabbing my phone to see it's after 9am. I got out of bed, making my way to the bathroom, and doing my morning routine. I put on my joggers and a t-shirt before heading downstairs.

As I got closer, I heard cartoons, indicating that little Rose is up, and I smiled when I saw her engrossed in the show. I made my way into the kitchen, where Scarlett sat answering emails on her laptop.

"Good Morning," I said, kissing her head. "Did you finally get some rest?"

"Good morning to you," she said, smiling up at me. "I did. I'm sorry you woke up alone, but Rose had me up at 7 and Lizzie was up not long after."

"It's perfectly fine. Where is Lizzie?"

"Robbie called her about 30 minutes ago. Apparently someone leaked some pictures of us at dinner Saturday night, and there are few from brunch as well. Nothing bad, they're actually quite good. See?"

I looked over her shoulder at the pictures of all of us from this weekend, and she was right, nothing incriminating, nothing out of the ordinary.

"So, what is his issue?"

"Not sure. They have only been dating a few months, he's very traditional, but he is a sweet guy, and worships the ground she walks on. He wasn't thrilled when Liz asked for a break, but I understand why she did."

I made my way over and poured myself a cup of coffee, slowly sipping the liquid gold as I pondered how to help these two beautiful ladies. I watched Scarlett as she responded to emails, her glasses perched on her nose, completely. She is absolutely breathtaking.

"Good morning Logan, how did you sleep?" I heard Lizzie asking, as she approached and kissed my cheek.

"I slept amazing, what about you, Liz?"

"I have slept better than ever the past few days," she said smiling.

"So ladies, what did we want to do today? We have two days left together, let's make the most of it," I said, smiling at them.

"Well, my Mom is on her way to pick up Rose for me. I have a meeting with my attorney at 11." Scarlett said, as she closed her laptop.

"Ok, Lizzie. I've actually got to meet my sisters. I may have to leave earlier than Thursday. I am due to start filming for a new show for something called Facebook Watch. I'll be doing that till we go back to Atlanta for reshoots."

"Um, ok. Since you both have to work, if it's ok with you Scarlett, I will finish up with my client here. Do you mind if I hang out here while you're both gone?"

"Oh no, not at all Logan. Please make yourself at home. I'm going to get dressed." Scarlett said as she made her way out of the kitchen. I heard her call Rose, as they headed up the stairs.

"Is everything ok, Liz? You seem kind of distant this morning."

"Yes and no. Robbie called this morning, he saw pictures of us, and he wanted to know who you were and why you were with us. Then my publicist called asking the same thing. I told them you were a friend of Scarlett and Hunter. Just a lot going on right now Logan. It's ok." she said, smiling at me. "I suppose I should go get dressed myself. You sure you'll be ok?"

"Oh yea, I'll wait for Scarlett to finish up and then I will get myself ready. No worries." I said, kissing her cheek.

I watched her head upstairs, and then I took my phone and coffee and went outside. Something was off, and honestly, a little uncomfortable. Probably best to distance myself from both of them. I could tell by looking at both of them, that reality had set back in, and the fun we had this weekend was just that, a fun weekend.