Chapter 23

POV: Logan

It's a little after 4am and I need to get up to go help Clive, but I have to figure out how to get out of the bed, without waking everyone up. Scarlett and Lizzie are curled up on either side of me, and wee Rose is snuggled under my chin.

This little girl has stolen my heart. When we first met, I was really nervous around her. I had never really been around small children, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, and now I don't know if I would survive if something happened to her. She may not be mine biologically, but I love her like she is. I worry for when my daughter is born, and how Rose will react to not being the baby anymore. I kissed her head, shifting her into her Mother's arms.

I quietly made my way to the bathroom, doing my morning routine and getting dressed. As I made my way out, I saw Rose sitting up between Scarlett and Lizzie, her little bear clutched to her chest. I opened my arms and she immediately crawled over and cuddled into me. I carried her out of our room, so we wouldn't disturb Scar or Lizzie.

"Why you up?"

"I am going to help Clive get everything ready for the barbeque we are having today. We have to start early so everything is ready for when we eat."

"I come?"

"Oh baby girl, it's gonna be a bit chilly. Don't you want to stay and snuggle Momma and Lizzie?"

"Wanna come wif you," she said, her little lip quivering.

"How can I say no to that cute little face," I said kissing her nose. "Let's get you dressed and we will head to the main house," I said as I picked her up, and headed to her room. I quickly got her dressed and bundled up. I left a note for Scar and Lizzie, and then Rose and I headed to the main house.

When I pulled up, Clive and his sons were busy stoking the fires, and checking the meats. It smelled heavenly. As I walked up, carrying Rose, Clive turned and smiled at me. "Well, who do we have here?" he asked, smiling at Rose.

"Can you tell him your name, baby girl?"

"I Wose."

"Well, hello, Ms, Rose, I am Clive, but you can call me Pops," he said, smiling at her. "You look like you could use some coffee, Logan. Why don't you head to the kitchen and grab a fresh cup. Felicia is in there making biscuits, and getting ready to start breakfast. We got it handled out here.

I smiled at Clive, he and his sons knew what they were doing, I have no idea why I thought they would need my help. I made my way into the house and into the kitchen, which Felicia was running at full speed. I just stood there, mouth wide open at the chaos.

"Well, who do we have here?" Felicia asked as she walked over, handing me a steaming cup of coffee.

"I Wose."

"Well hello Rose, what a beautiful name. Would you like a cup of hot cocoa?" Felicia asked, smiling at her.

Rose nodded at her and smiled. She was starting to come out of her shell as she watched everyone bustling around the kitchen. I was blown away at the sheer amount of food being prepared.

"Felicia, honey, what all are you cooking? It looks like we are feeding a small town."

"Well, we already got the greens on, the mac and cheese is prepped and ready to go in the oven later. The cobbler and the banana pudding are in the fridge at the restaurant. Tiffany will go get them later. We got the wings marinated for the grill, we got the burgers, hot dogs and brats ready for the grill. Then we decided everyone might need a light breakfast, so we have biscuits, gravy, grits, eggs, sausage patty, sausage links, bacon, fatback, fresh tomatoes, home fries, and maybe some pancakes."