Chapter 7

Peeta's POV still (don't worry Katniss is soon;) )

When we got home, I put a pink band-aid on Emma's bite. The bite was pretty deep.

It was 9:30 P.M, way past her bedtime. Katniss tried to put her to bed, but she insisted that I would do it.

I feel bad for Katniss, but at least tonight Emma let her read to her. Emma fell asleep quickly, Katniss didn't even finish the book.

Me and Katniss finally get to bed. We lay there cuddling. I kiss her and then I kiss her stomach. "There going to be beautiful." I whisper. "Just like you." I add. I can feel her blushing.

"So, for names we have Ian Oscar and Dawn Fern, and we need one more boy name." Katniss announced. "We can let Emma decide." I suggest. Katniss glares at me. "She's going to chose something weird like hot dog!" She shouts. I chuckle. "Or maybe not." I say quietly.

"Oh! I have an idea! How about the first name is Hunter!" Katniss exclaims. "I can see why you chose that." I say chuckling. She slapped my arm. "Hey! It's a good name!" She said laughing. "It sure beats hot dog!" I say, laughing harder. "Oh, shut up!" She says, punching me.

When we finally stop laughing, I chose the middle name. "How about, Leif?" I ask. "Hunter Leif Mellark... I like that." Katniss mumbles. "It's perfect."

I fall asleep at 11:00, and I am awoken at 2:00 A.M to Katniss screeming. First I wake her up and make sure she's ok. "You were...you were dead...and president Snow...his granddaughter was about...about to...kill...kill Emma..." She buries her head in my shirt and sobs. "Shhhh. It's ok. It was only a dream. Emily's ok. I'm here." I coo. She falls a asleep in my arms.

I woke up with Katniss on me. Like literally on me! I kiss her and she wakes up. "Honey, if you're still going baby shopping with Johanna and Annie, I can stay home with Emma if you want." I say softly. She nods. "Ok thank you." She was so quiet I could barely hear her.

---forty five minutes later---
Peeta's POV still

I'm in the kitchen cleaning up Katniss's breakfast when I hear screaming. "Daddy!! Daddy! Mama! Where are you!" I rush into Emma's room and she's drenched with tears.

I run to her side and hug her. "What's the matter sweetie?" I ask her. "I had a bad dream!" She sobbed. "Where's mama? I need mama!" She cried harder.

"Why do you need mama pumpkin? Mamas at the store." I ask kissing her. "She died and I need to talk and see if she's ok!" She sobbed into my chest. "I will be right back baby." I say and I grab my phone. I call Katniss.

Katniss: "Hello?"
Me: "Emily had a bad dream and she wants to talk to you."
Katniss: "ok. I can talk to her for a little while."

I handed Emily the phone. They talked for about 5 minutes and Emma handed me the phone.

"Daddy my tummy hurts." Emma said, tugging my arm. I kissed her forehead. It was extremely hot!

"Does anything else hurt?" I asked, kissing her again just to make sure.

"My throat hurts too."

I walked to the bathroom and grabbed a thermometer.

"Daddy I feel like I'm going to throw...."

I sighed and ran to grab a bucket. She vomited all over me and the thermometer. Wonderful.