𝓖𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓭

Grounded

Grounded

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

When an up and coming director partners with BTS to create a film showcasing the band's hard work, talent, and vulnerability, the unexpected occurs. In the midst of being locked down, new relationships form, emotions are explored, and an unbreakable bond is built between the world's most phenomenal boyband and the personable, ambitious Lex Lucas.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

lexxandbts

╔══════════════╗

Q1. How did you come up with the title for your book? 

A1.One of the first places that the main characters in this story begin to develop their connection is through their ability to ground each other. Amid all the chaos and situations that life sometimes throws at us, sometimes it's nice to have something or someone that can ground you or bring you back to just resting in what is. They really do that for each other throughout the book and as a core part of their relationship I rolled with it to come up with "Grounded" as the title.

Q2. Would you and your main character get along? 

A2.I like to think we would! I really see the main character of this story as being ambitious and friendly, if not a bit guarded at times. As authors we sometimes give characters pieces of ourselves and I think that this character is probably the one that has the most parts of me. But then that poses the additional question of if I'd get along with myself and I'm not so sure about that lol.

Q3. What is your writing process like? Are you more of a plotter or a pantser? 

A3.A bit of both honestly. When the idea for a story comes to me there are always certain scenes that become really vivid. So in a sense I end up planning those, but all the in between stuff is written as it flows. I spend a lot of time imagining the story and emotions of scenes before I write them so I'd lean a little more toward being a plotter. 

Q4. What risks have you taken with your writing that have paid off? 

A4.I really enjoy writing scenes that showcase big emotions. That can be a hard process sometimes because I often become emotional when writing and can get in my head. I want my stories and the feelings I portray to feel real so it's always a risk to put that out there. Based on the feedback I've received from my consistent readers the emotion does come through with my writing so I reckon the risk has paid off. I also deviated from my usual strictly romance work to try my hand at writing a story that yes, still has some romance, but also falls more into the horror genre. It's been exciting to see the positive feedback I've gotten from that story as well!

Q5. Do you play music while you write — and, if so, what's your favorite? 

A5.My music taste is so broad that it varies a lot depending on the story I'm working on and the scenes that are playing out. The top three songs I listened to when working on "Grounded" were "Natural" by ZAYN, "Tapestry" by Bruno Major, and "Twin Flame" by Machine Gun Kelly. 

Q6. If your book were made into a movie, which actors would play your characters? 

A6.I've actually never thought about this, but I think that Kim Min-kyu is very attractive and could be very cute as Jungkook. I'm clueless on who would play the female lead. I don't typically spend a lot of time considering the physical characteristics of my original characters since I want my readers to picture the female lead as someone they identify with physically.

Q7. Does writing energize or exhaust you? Or both? Both! 

A7.I think I get more energized by the idea of a story and picturing the scenes in my head since that's the easy part. The process of writing is energizing when it flows well, but when trying to work through blocks or when there's challenging emotion to portray it can be exhausting. 

Q8. How do you develop your plot and characters? 

A8.My plots usually start with a small idea and then one scene that becomes prominent in my mind. With "Grounded" it started with the scene where the romantic leads kiss for the first time. I spend a lot of time considering who my characters are emotionally and how they'll become connected in their relationships. It all spirals pretty quickly from there so that I have the big scenes mapped out in my mind and get the idea for the ending pretty quickly.

Q9. How do you process and deal with negative book reviews?

A9.Thankfully in the almost year that I've been back to Wattpad I've only received one public negative book review. It's difficult not to take those things to heart sometimes, but I work hard to put my focus into the positive feedback and support I receive. My work won't be for everyone so it's a blessing every time someone connects with my stories. When all else fails I turn to my writer bestie and hypewoman for some reassurance.

Q10. What advice would you give to a writer working on their first book?

A10.Write a story that you feel truly passionate about and that will come through in your work. Spend time imagining your story in every aspect so that you can build descriptions that allow your readers to really picture the scene and understand your characters. 

╚══════════════╝

Thank you so much lexxandbts for sharing your thoughts with us and I'll hope I will see more of your masterpieces... thank you for dedicating your time to us!❤

With this I'll take my leave and will bring my new guest with me next time!

Nyeongan Fam!💚