The Courthouse

Suggested listening: Christina Aguilera - Fighter

Jin was ready and polished for court, and noticed Hwoarang getting a little paler while looking at his reflection in the mirror. The Japanese forrowed his brows, then hugged his husband from behind, lightly.

-What's wrong, love? You look stunning in that suit.

-Of course I do. Only... it's what I wore to your funeral. And it's the only decent suit I own apart from the wedding one, which would be too much. Therefore, only option here. But it makes me shudder at the thought... the memories...

-I'm sorry you had to go through that. But I'm here now, and I'm not going anywhere. I'm safe.

-I know. But you can't imagine how I felt. I thought I lost you forever. I can still smell the incense off of it. It's making me sick.

-You didn't dry clean it after the funeral?

-I could barely function, Jin, and it could burn for all I cared. Dry cleaning wasn't exactly on the top of my mind in that moment.

-Fair enough. Dwell on the memory a little longer if it helps, then put it in a drawer of your mind. For Eun-jung. We have to go in ten minutes tops. I don't drive like you.

-You can learn. I give lessons on Mondays and Thursdays.

-Smartass. I'm going to check on our daughter. She'll be nervous.

Jin went downstairs to reach Eun-jung's room; her bed was now a messy mountain of clothes, and she was trying on her whole wardrobe to find something fitting for court.

-Hime... do you need help?

-With what?

-With your outfit choice?

-What makes you think so?

-The fact that your room is turning into a monster made of clothes, ready to swallow us all.

-Such drama for a couple of dresses out of place, papa Jin.

-A couple... yeah. Anyway, I suggest your dusty pink tailleur with the white shirt. Timeless and classy, feminine and strong vibes. What do you say?

Eun-jung stopped searching to look at Jin in the eyes. -I was going to try it on next, obviously. It will probably be my choice. It's creepy that you know my clothes, anyway, papa.

-I'm the one who buys them, hime, of course I know them. Hurry up, you have five minutes to get ready, then we have to go.

-Okay, okay, got it. Super speed activated. Can I change alone in my room?

-Of course. I'll be outside, waiting. As usual.

In a little more than five minutes, both Hwoarang and Eun-jung joined Jin near the entrance.

-Late. As usual. Let's go, this is too important.

The all hopped on Jin's car, and headed towards Tokyo's main courthouse where the legal battle would be held. The other party and the judge weren't there yet: turns out they were early, instead of late.

-Jin, what the fuck? There's no one here yet.

-That's because we're here twenty minutes earlier.

-You said we were late?

-On my 'thirty minutes earlier' schedule. And anyway, you two are always late, so I thought giving you the wrong time would make us be on time. I was right.