Moving

Me and my older sister were sitting in class when some lady came to the door and said "Virginia and Dallas Miller may I talk to you in the hall? And bring your stuff." We grabbed our things and walked into the hall. "Your stepfather Kenny was in a car accident and he didn't make it. I'm sorry." Our mom was in the office to pick us up. Our little brother Austin was with her.
------------------------------------------------------------------
               Time skip to the funeral
------------------------------------------------------------------
Ginny, Austin and I were standing next to Kenny's coffin when we heard some older ladies talking. "Poor Amber Lynn. I know they had their problems with the divorce. But still, she must be devastated." Then the other lady spoke up. "Have you seen the new wife? Who shows that much cleavage at a funeral?" The first lady spoke again. "Tacky." Ginny bumped her shoulder into the first lady's shoulder. "Oops sorry." She said sarcastically. We saw mom pretending to cry but it seems like we were the only ones who could tell. "Kenny was such a dear. He treated Ginny, Dallas and Austin like his own." I then heard another lady say "But they weren't yet they're getting all his money."
------------------------------------------------------------------
                Time skip to the car ride
------------------------------------------------------------------
Ginny was driving our black BMW convertible while mom was in the passenger seat painting her nails. Austin was sitting in the back beside me. He was playing a Harry Potter game on his tablet. Suddenly mom turned on the radio. Mom, Austin and I started singing the song. But Ginny had to ruin it. She turned the radio off and said "Mom do you think this song is appropriate for the 9 year old in the back?" "It's fine. He doesn't understand." Then she paused. "Austin what's this song about?" "Doing it on the bathroom floor and getting caught and then lying about it so you don't get in trouble." He replied. "Go back to your game bud." I said. After a bit we stopped at the gas station. Mom went in to pay for the gas while Ginny filled up the car. I helped Austin out so we could stretch our legs. As we were waiting for our mom a police officer walked by. He stared at Ginny and I. As mom came out of the store she caught his eye and said "Hey Mr. Officer." When she got to the car we all got back in. With mom driving this time and me in the passenger seat. "That was racist wasn't it?" Ginny asked. "I thought we were leaving that in the South." I groaned.
------------------------------------------------------------------
   Time skip to when they got to the house
------------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up to Austin jumping on me. "Get up Dallas we're here." Austin said quite excitedly. "OK I'll be in, in a minute." Once they went inside I layed in the car abit soaking up the sun. All of a sudden I heard a car door slam. Then an older woman started yelling. "What were you thinking? Smoking weed on the side of the road like that. In clear view of the neighbors and cops." After a second I heard a deep sexy voice say "It's legal now." I turned to see who it was and saw a teen boy about Ginny's age. "Not for you it's not. Get inside. Your grounded." The boy didn't say anything. "Answer me God dammit." His mom groaned. "Alright I'm grounded. But when's dinner? I'm starving." With that he turned to go inside but he caught me staring. I quickly ducked. "Fuck I'm so stupid." I groaned to myself. "Why are you stupid?" I heard someone next to me ask. I turned and saw my mom. "Nothing, no reason." I replied probably a little too fast. We then heard the lady across the street scream. We both turned towards her and she finally spotted us. She gave an awkward wave. I ran inside to go unpack. The last room left was the room across from Austin's it looked into a room in the house next door. As I was unpacking I was looking out my window. I saw the boy from earlier climb out the window across from mine. I was just watching him when he turned and saw me. He saluted just before I crouched down. "Shit!" I cursed a little too loud. Ginny was passing my room when I said that and poked her head in. "What's wrong? A girl catch you staring?" She asked. I haven't came out to my family yet so I just went along with it. "Yep." After I got done unpacking I layed in bed and texted my best friend from Texas. After a little while I fell asleep.