Chapter 6: A promise between Friends

"All right! I'm going to catch it!" Ash said excitedly."Unless you want to catch it, Jessie?" He said, looking over at Jessie.

"No. That's okay. I rather you catch your first Pokemon since I already have my lovely Serpentine, my Ekans, and Ellie, my shiny Eevee," Jessie replied, rubbing Ekans head as her Eeeve continued to chat with Pikachu.

"Alright," Ash replied as he turned back towards Pidgey as Ellie and Pikachu watched him with interest.

Ash then pulled out a PokeBall with a serious expression on his face as he turned his Pokemon league official hat backward."PokeBall go!" He shouted as he threw it forward.

The Pokeball soared through the air towards the Pidgey. The Pidgey saw the incoming pokeball just before it connected. Ash smiled as the ball made a direct hit. It then released red energy that sucked Pidgey inside before landing on the ground.

"Gotcha!" Ash said happily.

The Pokeball shook back and forth a few times until suddenly it opened, and Pidgey popped on out.

"What!?" Ash yelled in surprise, mouth open in shock.

"You need to capture a pokemon after weakening it," The Pokedex explained.

This made Pikschu laugh nonstop. Ash stared at Pikachu, and he finally stopped laughing.

"Come on, Pikachu, can you help me out?" Ash asked, but Pikachu just ignored Ash.

Eeeve glanced at Pikachu and shook her head at his behavior, and walked over to Jessie, and rubbed her head against her leg.

"Fine, in that case, I'm going to do this alone!" Ash said, pulling out a green blanket from his backpack."Im going to capture that Pidgey."

This made Jessie look at him in concern."Ash, don't be an idiot! You're going not get hurt doing that!"

"Don't worry, Jessie. I know what I'm doing," Ash said reassuringly.

Jessie, despite hearing his words, was still worried about Ash knowing this was a bad idea to attempt to capture a Pidgey this way.

Ash approached Pidgey with caution. Pidgey still doesn't notice that Ash is following it. When Ash is about to cover Pidgey with the blanket, it notices Ash. It stared with a blank facial expression.

"Oh, hi, Pidgey," Ash smiled nervously.

"I'm going to capture you!!" Ash screamed at the top of his lungs and jumped.

He managed to capture it with a blanket. However, it started shaking and flapping its wings violently.

"Ash!" Jessie shouted worriedly.

Ash started to float in the air and was knocked down on the plain grassy field. Pidgey flew away immediately after.

"Ouch! What was that?" Ash murmured painfully.

"That was a Gust. A move that many flying-type Pokemon learn," The Pokedex said.

"Hey Ash, are you okay?" Jessie asked as she and Ellie, the Eevee came to his side with Serpentine wrapped around her neck.

"I'm good," Ash said with a smile.

Pikachu was once again laughing at Ash, but Ash just ignored it.

Just then, Ash noticed a bird-looking Pokemon with about twenty meters away."Oh, there is another Pidgey!" Ash exclaimed but then covered his mouth quickly, trying not to startle it away.

Ash then picked on up a small rock."I don't want to do this, but if Pikachu won't help me catch a Pokemon. I got no choice," Ash said and threw the rock, and it knocked the bird Pokemon on the head.