Frozen 【2】

--------------------------------

TW: Violence...Death(?)...

--------------------------------

'It's okay Dev...This is just going to be an irritating twist...I mean...At least I'll get my steps in...'

Dev sighed and made his way down the mountain. The blinding sun beat down on him and the cool breeze brushed against his skin. 'We could ambush him...Set a trap...We might be able to get an invis potion...'. Dev rarely died when he was a hunter, only sixty deaths in his whole career.

"Guy's he...uhh..he left all the hay!" Boosfer called out. That was good. It was always an advantage to have food. Energy. Motivation. Even if there wasn't a lot of variety, food was always a good choice when Dev felt down.

Dev had made it to the grassy area where he had caught up with his teammates and could see Kier holding something in his hand. "Okay, so...Should I use this now or..." Kier called out.

"There's another twist!?" Yello yelled in disbelief.

"Well...I wouldn't call it a twist but I was just wondering if I should use this now or later!"

Dev rolled his eyes, hoping the mysterious object had nothing to do with the twist. He has following the compass through the tall grass and quickly found Yello and Boosfer.

"Hello, Boosfer!" He half-yelled as he caught up. Boosfer jumped and turned around. Dev silently laughed under his box. It was nice having some fun during their job. They never had much time in between hunts, so, the group always took every chance they could. Even if they didn't seem like best friends while they worked, they were surprisingly close.

The group soon ran into a clearing where Kier stood in the middle. The red man quickly turned around, surprised. "Oh...Hello, guys!"

"There he is!" Dev called out repeatedly as the group sprinted after Kier. The speedrunner ducked behind a tree and pulled something out of his pocket...three dolls? What could a doll possibly do? Why did they look like each of them?

Each one seemed to be crudely sown together and tied together at the hands. Dev was beyond confused but continued to run with his team at the mysterious speedrunner.

Kier took out a frozen clock and placed it near the dolls and before Dev could say what he saw to his team...

'What the-' But the only thing that came out from Dev was "UUh-!"

Dev was frozen in mid-air, along with Boosfer and Yellow. He felt like he was falling and like being trapped in ice except it wasn't cold... His eyes grew wide and Dev's breath hitched. He tried to heave himself forward...throw himself backward...or just fall but nothing happened. The blue box shifted slightly down causing Dev to want to flinch but he couldn't. Dev was so focused on how to move again that he didn't notice the red figure walking toward him...

...Sword drawn...

'This twist is way too overpowered! Did it have something to do with those dolls!?' Dev tried to rationalize.

Dev suddenly noticed the speedrunner standing in front of him, sword raised. !!! Dev tried desperately to force his body to run...even collapse backward... but he didn't move.

!!!

A sharp pain suddenly shot through his left shoulder. He wanted to yell in pain but only a mere gasp escaped his lips. He tried to heave his body forward but he didn't budge. Sweat began to drip down his face and his heart began to race. Dev's breathing quickly sped up and he could only watch as Kier laughed. The sharp pain quickly melted into a dull aching.

'Again!? No no no! Why me!?' Dev internally screamed. He was beginning to panic but he didn't want it to show. His eyes snapped towards Kier in pure terror and confusion. Kier hit him again causing another strike of pain to shoot across his body. He internally winced and looked at his friends who also seemed to be desperately looking for a way to move. His eyes scanned his wound as much as they could but then locked onto a puddle of red dripping from his injuries. Dev's vision abruptly started to become blurry and he felt dizzy. '...Blood loss!?...'

His pain was momentarily replaced by fear...

The silver blade raised once more, laced with dark red blood that glistened in the bright sun. 'No NO NO!!! NOT ME!?' Dev tried to shriek. The blue-boxed man let out an unintentional whimper...

!!̸̮͑̑̔̆͋!

!!̵̮̹̥̠̯͇̗͔̮̀!̵͗

!̶̡̛̝͔̖͖͋̍ͅ!̶̧̭̘̻̭̮͇̿̈͒̅̓̃̓͝!̵̨͉̐͑͆ͅ

Dev's eyes snapped open as he woke up choking. He quickly gasped for air as he frantically tried to calm down. He quickly made sure he could move every part of his body and stood up before immediately collapsing back down to the ground. His heart raced and he tried to calm himself down. Dev's eyes snapped to his hands...they were shaking...he clasped them together and tried to take deep breaths. Every so often he would freeze up during a manhunt. The fear of death would catch up to him every so often and he'd panic or fall apart...

It was common for hunters to break down every once in a while...death can be quite traumatizing...

'You're alive Dev...'

'Nothing happened...'

'You're still here...'

'You are okay...'

...But in the back of Dev's mind, he was still fairly shaken up...It wasn't like any other death... He wasn't fighting back...He didn't make a mistake and fall or mess with the wrong creature...He didn't stand a chance...He couldn't do anything...He was vulnerable...

Dev sighed and ignored the chaos erupting from his communicator. He quickly gathered his thoughts and began to try and come up with plans to catch the speedrunner. Dev had started to recognize his surroundings and had begun to map out the quickest way to where he died in case he did again which he silently promised himself that he wouldn't. Dev sighed once more before punching a nearby tree.

He was frustrated. How couldn't he be!? He had just died twice in the same manhunt...in under a day. He huffed and clenched his already shaking fists but his rage was interrupted by Boosfers loud voice, "Oh! We can move! We can Move!" Boosfer repeatedly shouted.

'Huh?'

"What!?" Kier's voice screamed in disbelief. Dev then proceeded to hear fighting through his communicator before everything went silent. Dev noticed none of his friends respawning so he assumed Kier got away or his friends ran away. He looked at the damaged tree next to him and began to gather supplies since he knew this hunt would take longer than one day and he better stack up now than be unprepared later.

...

'Who in their right mind would stack up just to lose all of their stuff? Hah...This will be interesting...'

-----------------

Word count: 1,105

STATUS:

-DEV: Struggling...

-BOOSFER: Sane

-YELLOWOOL: Sane