Nauseous...【5】

--------------------------------

TW: Guilt...

--------------------------------

   The bubbling and popping of the lava beneath and around him created a suspenseful atmosphere for the speedrunner. The lack of flowing air and heat rising from the ground forced Kier to wipe the sweat from his forehead every so often. The Nether was a brutal dimension with almost every creature being hostile to some degree but if you knew how to navigate it well enough only the heat would bother you. Kier knew a trip to this place was necessary to accomplish his goal so he had been previously studying for this moment.

   Kier had been climbing on top of some trees when he overheard the dare Boosfer had spoken. The speedrunner smirked at the opportunity to oblige with the hunter's request to redo their temporary 'drunkenness'. He brought out the dolls but the contents of his potion quickly evaporated when they left his bottle. 

   'Huh? Does my twist not work in the Nether?' He thought before attempting once more.

   Kier knew he wasn't that far from his portal and quickly returned. A slight hint of nervousness grazed his mind at the thought of not being able to use his twist in the Nether...which would make him vulnerable to attacks. The speedrunner knew that he wasn't the best at...well...speedrunning, hence the overpowered twist.

   He stepped into the swirling purple glow, his vision momentarily going dark before it quickly returned once he appeared in the overworld. He tossed the dolls onto the stone below him and poured the liquid on top of them...

...

   Boosfer had mentioned the dare as a joke, to which he immediately regretted once he had seen the reactions from his friends. The green hunter had tried to laugh off his mistake as a joke once the realization hit but little did he know the consequence of his action. Boosfer knew that this manhunt was affecting Dev negatively but he didn't know how much. He wanted to help his friend and fellow hunter but Dev kept pushing him away. 

   A fast breeze was gently rushing past the green hunter as he wandered through the forest he had found himself in. The rustling of leaves and clear blue sky helped him feel more motivated, determined if you will.  He was walking towards a mountain when he heard a voice cut through the serene silence.

   "I'm just testing something. Nothing for you guys to worry about," Kier bluntly stated. Boosfer's suspicion was raised and he hoped that whatever happened next wasn't his fault.

   The memory of his recent strange sickness resurfaced as a cloud of shadows suddenly encompassed the hunter. His eyes darted around him, trying to see if there could be another- No, any other explanation for this. Another wave of extreme nausea washed over him. His mind and vision began to swirl and gravity felt as though it was rapidly shifting. 

   A slight amount of guilt hit his heart. Boosfer didn't want to be the cause of his friend's misery.   'No no no!'

   "Literally all your fault Boosfer!" Dev snapped into his ear. More guilt. 

   "I wanted to do it as soon as Boosfer asked for it again," ...," But apparently it doesn't work when I'm in the Nether. That's so broken!"

   "No-," Yello tried to interrupt before being cut off.

   "That's so unfair to me! What the hell!?" Kier overdramatically cried out. 

    "Shut up!"

    "I agree with you," Boosfer sarcastically mumbled, "It's like, unfair!" He didn't know if it came across as sarcasm but he hoped his friends knew him well enough to know that he wouldn't side with the speedrunner. 

   Boosfer was aimlessly stumbling through the woods when he heard Dev call out, "I can't even find the golem now...this is so annoying!"

   "Are you in the spruce village?" The green hunter asked.

   "Yeah."

   "Yeah, I already killed the golem..." He sighed, trying to play it off only to be met with a monotone voice in his ear.

   "I hate you..."

   Boosfer tried his best not to let the comment get to him as he kept walking. Suddenly his foot slipped on a piece of ice, a scream slipped out of his mouth as he left himself momentarily falling, landing on the cold hard rock of the cave he had slipped into. 

    "I just fell into a cave!" He called out, trying to explain his scream. An arrow whizzed by his head causing the already alert green hunter to scream once more.

...

   After a crowd of mobs had surrounded Boosfer he had retreated onto a tree.

   "Boosfer" Dev yelled in disbelief. The voice wasn't coming from the earpiece but instead was heard in the distance.

-----------------

Word count: 777

STATUS:

-DEV: Distressed...

-BOOSFER: Distressed...

-YELLOWOOL: Sane...?