poe cup

it was the next day, and me and wednesday are supposed to talk with the sheriff about rowans murder.

"how could you miss a dead body," wednesday said from beside me and the sheriff.

"cause it wasnt there, no footprints, no blood, no sign of a struggle, nothing, nada. my search party looked all night,"

"well your search party must have left their seeing-eye dogs at home," wednesday spoke.

"we saw that monster kill rowan right infront of us," i said with wednesday in unison.

"get a good look at this monster thing?" the sheriff asked as we walked upstairs.

"it didn't stick around for a chat," wednesday said.

"maybe it was one of your classmates,"

"sheriff, i find that question offensive," principal weems said stopping at the top of the stairs.

"well i don't care, cause i got three other dead bodies in the morgue, hikers just ripped apart in the woods," the sheriff snapped back.

"the mayor said those were bear attacks," principal weems responded.

"yeah. well the mayor and i disagree on that,"

"so you automatically assume a nevermore student is the murderer, even though there's no evidence a crime was even committed,"

"im sorry, i forgot, you only teach the good outcasts here, right?" principal weems just sighs then continues into her office.

"my guess is rowan ran away, state troopers put out an alert, and ive contacted his family, but they havent heard from him either,"

"dead people are notoriously bad at returning calls," wednesday spoke.

"what were you doing out in the woods with him, ms.addams and ms.iivia?" sheriff galpins questioned.

"we heard a noise in the forest and went to investigate," wednesday and i spoke in unison. "thats when we stumbled upon the attack,"

"then what happened?" the sheriff asked.

"thats when i ran into bianca barclay and i told her to go for help, next thing i remember i was awaking in my dorm," wednesday said.

"and just to be clear. this monster wasnt a bear or some other wild animal?"

"i've hibernated with grizzlies, i know the difference," wednesday spoke.

"thank you sheriff, i think ms.addams and ms.iivia are done now," principle weems spoke.

"actually, we would like to speak to sheriff galpin, alone," wednesday said as i nodded, agreeing with the fact i would like to finish the conversation alone.

"im not sure i can allow that," principal weems responded.

"well im sure i could take them to the station and get a formal statement," sheriff galpin spoke, nobody said anything for a fews seconds. "yeah, lets go," he spoke, while getting up.

"fine, you have five minutes and everything is off the record. play nice or i will call the mayor," the principal said, walking out of the room

"someone is trying to cover up rowans murder," wednesday said, pulling her attention from the principal to the sheriff.

"thats the only reason to scrub the crime scene," i spoke.

"is that your professional opinion as the daughter of a murderer?" the sheriff asked.

"my father is twice the man you are, and the only thing he murders is the occasional opera in the shower," wednesday said.

"its been a long night, im tired of your games," sheriff galpin said.