Episode 3 - Tri-ing your best

(An: only took me 8 months (I wrote this all in 2 days) 1551 words.)

The Cherries had gone on their daily hour long walking and plotting when a vending machine came into view. A back and forth started between the two of if they should get a drink, then which drink was better. Before they could reach a third disagreement, an almost electronic noise came from the machine as they were sucked into it.

"Are- are we in the backrooms??"
The Two of them looked at eachother and started laughing. 'BaCkRoOmS', like anything scary could be an a dark, semi-abandoned lab that had dangerous chemicals! Clearly a passion project of Mephones. They stood up and started looking at stuff, taking a
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS SECRET LABORATORY??"
"AA- I mean- we were just enjoying the view."
Desperate nods of panic flew over the phones head as he laughed
"Of what? That dumb rules poster?? Test tube had them up. She had mentioned a secret lab, but I didn't expect this."
Looking straight - and actually being able to see now - the Cherries realized they looked at a poster with four rules.

"Don't touch anything, don't drink anything with neon colors, don't lick the counters without a license, and...hey! Our catchphrase makes us WAY cool!!!"
The pure offense they both took was deep. 'These Cherries will send you to Jerry' was a WAY cool catchphrase!! Just for that, the Cherries looked at eachother and made a plan. For a prank, they could break ALL of test tubes rules! That way, Mephone, and the viewers, would be sure to find them funny! Then, immunity once more!!!

Looking around the lab for havoc to reek, the two noticed a neon red liquid. It's sign was covered in sticky notes saying 'no touching', 'for science only' , 'I'm looking at YOU', 'non edible'. It was perfect for a prank.

The right cherry grabbed the drink off the shelf. Stumbling as they did, the shelf started to collapse. Panicking, they each had half the drink.

THUD

.
.
.
"Wa.....u...Sui...!"
Wausui? That..wasn't a word!! Well, 'wake up!' Is the first part, right?
Wait, where was his other half?
Cherry (clearly not cherries anymore) looked around frantically. His other part (left or right? He couldn't tell..) not to far off, but a detachment at their stem was...unnatural.
"Thank god you're alright! I thought it would be a lawsuit.."
"What..what's going on??"
He. What? What's going on? Right(?) cherry sat up frantically. He gasped. Why? Was he okay? What's going on? A panic set in.
"Oh, gosh, we don't have time for this!

————————————————————————

The cherries, now and still separated, we're put back with the bright lights. One of them remained silent, hiding with the other. Meanwhile, Mephone set off to the elimination area, mepad displaying the prizes and numbers next to Mephone.

"Well grand slams, that last challenge only got you to first base. Your prize today is Sticks! We got 3,021 votes, leading to the special prize."

"Box and trophy are the  safe!" Mephone announced, tossing the sticks.
"I can't believe a box got votes, even when 'he' 'sent' someone to mars.." trophy grumbled, throwing the stuck to the side.
"Next is knife, suitcase, and balloon!"
"Wow, thank you!" Suitcase beamed at her safety, storing away the stick as knife tried to land his in trophy's cup, failing.

"Baseball and nickel made it too, with an almost the same number of votes."
"It's because of our alliance, strong as ever, right?"
"Of course." Baseball smiled and nickel, them high fiving with their feet.

"It's between Soap, Cheesy, and Mic. The clean, the loud, and the Joke."
"You mean the joke-STER, right?"
...
"Guys?"
...
"Anyway.. soap is the next safe. The next eliminated contestant..."
Mic bit her nails as she waited, cheesy staring at mepad dead in the eye. Those soulless eyes.
.
.
.
"And cheesy gets to the Gouda part of the show," a knee slap, "and microphone is eliminated"
"What?!? But there's no way!! I don't want to be- I can't! You can't do this to me!!"
Microphones voice picked up as she shouted, launching herself and several others. As Mic landed in the portal, a comically large blanket was put atop all the grand slams.

Yelling, punching, kicking, confusion, and much more came from under. Mephone sighed and muttered about his 'big reveal being ruined' as the bright lights stared.
"Woah.."
"Is..is that a triathalon?"
"Yes it is..if mic hadn't ruined this it would be way cooler-"
"What Mephone is trying to say," mepad interrupted, "is that this is your challenge for today."
"But..that's just a swimming pool, some bikes, a large obstacle coarse, and a stretch of land!"
"Don't stretch it to far, that's your triathlon!"
Knee Slap
"You should've been eliminated cheesy!" Knife yelled out from the back of the crowd, causing cheesy to frown.

"...o k- so the three parts of the triathlon are swimming, cycling, and running. Due to the team captains being soo awesome"
Although sarcastic, lightbulb and baseball perked up, humming in excitement.
"They will not be participating in the challenge."
Lightbulb went on about the 'humanity of the situation' and how she would 'never recover!! Never!!!' Baseball set up two chairs for them, throwing lightbulb a pair of shades

In the end, the grand slams picked Soap, box, and trophy (reluctantly). While the bright lights picked Fan, tissues, and yin Yang.

Fan had gotten a patent pending Paper Protection bag (an orginal from the show!! (Still smells bad!!!! tm)) and jumped in the pool. Meanwhile, soap has stood at the edge. Nervous. Scared. The GERMS.
"Come on soap! We believe in you!" Suitcase smiled from the side supportively, looking to her alliance to help. Before anyone could say anything, something kicked in.

A prank (mysteriously set up) started a chain of events. A lemon rolled off of a railway leading to a pitcher. It started to pour out water, which weighed down a scale until it caused ping pong balls to roll every which way and land in a variety of items, such as plastic cups, the pool, test tube (somehow), and a little bowl. This caused a hammer which missed suitcase but launched fan to tissues at the cycling.

Damn. Cherries knew those things only worked in movies.

Seeing this, soap panicked. She didn't want to. But. Her team! She could be- the Germs!! Conflicted with so many thoughts, she barely noticed and nickel shoved her in the pool. The last thing she noticed was a bush by the pool, close to the tree side.

As fan tagged tissues in, he fussed about it.
"Fan..this weather isn't good for my condishawn..it'll cause in uptick in some of my symptoms."
"Oh? You do have symptoms? Like what?"
"I'll tell you if I survive the cycling part."
"Tissues. Box is the behind the black, companion cube charatcer. As long as this is interesting enough, we'll be fi-"

Soap threw herself at box, the horrors behind her. A high-five finally reaching him, box set out on a journey. Despite a possible nonexistent sentience he used one of his hobbies, transversing time and space, to get to the end. If asked why it took so long, he'll say he used the scenic route.

"Vertigo, vertisto-"
"This is Great tissues and- OH MY GOD THE CAMERA PANNED OFF US TISSUES RUN-"
Looking over, they saw that box had already high fived trophy, sending him off as yin-yang waited.
"We are going to STAY HERE forever yin!!"
"No! We have to run when tissues gets here!"
"HES NOT!! So we're gonna lose for our team! Take all the blame and get off this DUMB show!!"
As the arguing picked up, tissues used his sneeze to propel his bike riding. The snot horrified soap, However.

The scream she let out was so loud some thought mic was back. Trophy turned to stop and sighed.
"She really screamed that loud? It's so sad honestly. She's being-"
Before anyone could care. Tissues went by yin Yang and collapsed, the weight of global warming and mucus on his 'chest'.

Yin and Yang caught the high-five as the arguing hit its peak. As it picked up, so it a fight. The two made a cartoon dust cloud look like nothing more then a spec. They yelled over soap and managed to hurdle their way past trophy.

"And that's why nobody should have a library card!!" Trophy finished his rant, looking over to the storm that was the twins. He panicked and started sprinting, the exit in sight for both.

"Sure you don't wanna lose", he shit talked, "you could get eliminated"
"KILL YO-"

Before any more threats could be said, a rope appeared and tightened in front of the black and white bros. Each cherry snickered as they pulled, causing the dust cloud they were in to spread everywhere. Trophy launched himself to the exit, basically jumping over the line as the dust settled in.

As things became visable, it became clearer and clearer that trophy had actally made it to the exit, yin-yang falling just short. Mephone didn't even need to say the bright lights were up for elimination.

"Whoops." The right cherry muttered, angry stares everywhere.