Prologue

On the middle of a battlefield, two figures can be seen standing, the one with the white coat and red cross on it holds a sword that glows a rainbow color, the other figure was a person who's appearance is like that of a child around 9 years old, has light blue hair and was holding a sword while panting heavily

'Just one hit and I'm going to die.'

The light blue-haired thought to itself.

"Give it up, Rimuru Tempest. No matter what you do, you will die in here."

The white coated woman said this as she looked at the blue-haired person, whom she referred to as Rimuru Tempest.

Rimuru stared at the woman and then closed his eyes, gathering his thoughts as his non-existent glands began to produce sweat. It was weird, especially when he wasn't a human at all, yet his body was functioning like one.

'I can't let myself get killed in here.'

After making the decision, he opened his eyes and unsheathed his sword. 

"Sorry, but it seems like I won't be holding back anymore."

Rimuru declared with an air of confidence, only to piss off his opponent slightly.

"Then I won't hold back either; prepare yourself for this will be your end."

The woman said as she got to her fighting stance, bringing her sword forward and maintaining her gravity as she balanced herself on the ground.

'Sorry Shizue, but I need to hurt one of your students.'

Seeing the opponent's stance and intention , Rimuru took it more seriously, a serious matter that could change his life, his ways of living, and his reasons to live.

'This will be a gamble; it's a matter of life and death.' 

Rimuru steadied himself, setting his balance as he stood without a flinch. He already had a plan; now he had to take the risk for it to succeed.

Yet, the question of 'Will it really succeed?' made him conscious of the drastic measures in case he failed. It made him anxious, he tried to think of the answer, but nothing was certain. 

It was a pure gamble, with his own life on the line. It was a whole-life risk, where winning meant living and losing meant dying.

The woman sprinted in his direction, gripping her sword tightly as she accumulated force and power to strike the blue-haired youth, who seemed to not flinch at the sight of her deadly intentions.

"Dead End Rainbow!" She roared as she applied the accumulated energy to the sword, then brought its point in front to pierce through the target's heart.

Rimuru's thought acceleration increased dramatically, as did his skill acting on it's own to take drastic measures and protect it's master at all costs.

His body couldn't keep up with the woman's thunderous speed, yet his mind could see her every action.

His eyes, which seemed to not move, were actually focused on the sword. His mind counts every second, measures the distance, and then calculates both to grasp the perfect timing.