Chapter 23 : Cruel Savior

In a crowd of thugs, there stood two figures with black hair. One man and a woman-are they siblings? No, are they lovers? maybe. No one would have figured it out if they hadn't read the novel. That is a word from the author.

"This is so much of a cliché..." Han Sooyoung stabbed an invading man, then took a few steps backward until she was back to back with the man known as Kim Dokja.

"Don't you like this sort of cliché?" Kim Dokja talked back while eyeing the enemies that were currently surrounding them. He brought his sword forward in a cautionary stance, in case someone would go crazy and go forward and attack them. Too bad he wasn't allowed to kill, it's not like he doesn't want to, but he needs to stay pure for something.

Han Sooyoung sighed before answering. "No matter how much I like cliches, this one is kind of overused, don't you think so?" Kim Dokja only eyed her from his shoulder, then turned his gaze towards the enemies.

"Are you trying to be a hypocrite?" Kim Dokja chuckled, but that just made Han Sooyoung's eye twitch and grin.

"Whatever, just finish this story so we can move on to the other one!"

That declaration turned the Coin Farm into a bloodbath. Although Kim Dokja avoided killing, the woman didn't hold back and did the finishing blow for him. Kim Dokja was a little grateful that he didn't need to stain his hand, all thanks to Han Sooyoung.

The bloodbath turned into a movie marathon for some Constellations, and one of those Constellations smirked at the scene of red stains on the floor, blood shedding as people cried in agony.

[The Constellation, who likes the color of blood, is smiling at the scene.]

That message popped up in front of Kim Dokja, and then it gave him shivers as cold sweats ran down his neck. He was almost slashed off by a man, but Han Sooyoung covered him on time.

"Letting the princess save the ugly duckling? This makes a nice inspiration." Han Sooyoung grinned cheekily and smacked the latter on his shoulders to break him out of his thoughts.

"Don't go blank all of a sudden, dude... Are you half asleep? Do you want this princess to give you a kiss?" Han Sooyoung showed a creepy smile on her face, and that automatically broke Kim Dokja from his thoughts.

"Shut up" Kim Dokja said before avoiding a sword that was meant to slash his back. He turned around and sent the attempter away with a raise of a leg, making the attempter stay on the air until crashing down in a crowd.

[A total of 18,000 coins have been obtained.]

"Look, isn't this a very tasty profit?!" Han Sooyoung said happily as she stared at her own system messages. A taste of victory and gain made her smile to the point where her lips parted to show her teeth.

'It's a shame that I have to share this with her... Let's just call it a cut for her hard work.' Kim Dokja thought to himself while looking at the idiotic appearance of the woman beside him.

"Haha... I should've known.." A man's laugh caught the attention of Kim Dokja and Han Sooyoung. They could see the man was on to ground, panting heavily while looking at Dokja. It turns out the man was Yun, Kim Dokja's ex-colleague.

Yun huffed heavy breaths between his swollen cheeks, his hand gripping the blade as it was pointed on the ground.

"I should've known when I heard those rumors."

That was Yun's last words before Han Sooyoung sliced his neck, sending his head on the air then rolling on the ground.

"What's he talking about? He sure talks a lot for a bit of character." Han Sooyoung wiped the blood off her cheeks as she turned around to look at Dokja. Her eyes were wandering on the man's face as it displayed a pained expression.