Chapter 21 : Tears Under Heavy Rain

Rain.

It filled the whole area with a heavy rain.

The raindrops landed loudly at the ground and splashed as it spreaded.

The sky roaring its anger and showing its wrath, taking a form of lightning that descended on the land.

The whole world seemed so dark and confusing to Rimuru as he took steps towards the misery before him.

His eyes widened as he analyzed the sight that he was seeing. The dry blood on the ripped clothes that were lying on the ground, and the corpses of people.

His people.

The skin of the goblins were supposed to be green, yet why are they brown and grey?

The city was supposed to be filled with lights and lively, yet why is it so lonely and dark?

The city was supposed to be full of residents, yet why is it so empty?.

The houses were supposed to be a shelter, but why is it ruined?

His people was supposed to surprise him and greet him.

'But why?'

'Why is no one greeting me?..'

'why aren't they surprising me?..'

'why is no one here to welcome me back home?'

Those thoughts were filled inside Rimuru's head as he continued to move forward.

The sound of his steps splashing the puddles of running water on the ground. The water soaking him as he walked with no umbrella. No shelter. Just alone, walking under the heavy rain.

Rimuru continued to take a step forward, while looking at everything. But he decided to not look and just focus at one direction.

He didn't blink, nor he wavered his gaze.

Until his sight became blurry as he continued.

But one step after another, his sight started to change form. The dark scenery turned bright as it was filled with colors and familiar figures came to his blurry sight.

'is this a dream?...'

'Am I hallucinating?..'

He thought for a second, until he started to hear things.

'rimuru-sama!!'

'Good morning Rimuru-sama!'

'rimuru-sama!'

'Rimuru-sama!'

'rimuru-sama!!'

This made him feel a warmth sense of familiarity and love. The voices, and despite his blurry sight, he could tell it was them. He can hear them, and see them even though not clearly.

He smiled warmly as he continued. Until his gaze met a few people who were closest to him.

His smile widened as he started to run towards them. He could see them waving at him, and yelling his name.

Until he reached a close distance, he stopped running and decided to walk slowly towards them.

He stopped infront and looked at their blurry faces. He couldn't see clearly yet he knows the color of their hair and the sound of their voices.

Rimuru hesitated to speak as his lips trembled. He couldn't speak clearly until he sighed heavily and smiled.

'Welcome back, Rimuru-sama!!'

His people said in a lively and enthusiastic voices. They were all happy to see their master again after a long time.

Rimuru smiled widely and closed his eyes as he heared this. And without thinking hesitantly, he launched himself to hug them all.

He thought that he was going to feel their warmth again.

But all of it was a thought.

He was met with cold air.

Rimuru stumbled in front with no one to hug or lean on. He closed his eyes tightly as he crashed on the puddly ground until it splashed with water when he falled down.

His face met the hard ground.

And he just stayed on that position until he picked his self up to kneel and sit down.

He just sat there with his face dirty.

His eyes held no emotion.

He clenched his fists as he finally spoke.

"Everyone.."

"I'm back home"

Rimuru finally said in a trembling voice.

His emotionless eyes turned to emotional, he finally decided to let those tears fall after holding them for too long.

Tears started to pour slowly from his eyes, down to his lap.

Until it poured like the heavy rain.

The 'Welcome back' he just heard was nothing but an illusion.

He knew from the start, but he just played along with it. Because he couldn't accept the cruel reality before him.

He started to desire for something to see and hear them again. And that's why he started to hallucinate.

He wished to return home.

And it came true.

But his wish was met with tragedy.

After those years of longing.

The Master was finally back home.

Yet, none of his servants came to welcome him.

Because all of them were dead.

And over the 'once lively place of tempest', was now in ruins.

The Master wept...