Chapter 12 Talent

No one's POV

It's been a few days since the Mami and Chizuru confrontation and currently, Nhazul was laying down on his bed looking up at the ceiling lost in his thoughts of his current situation with everything. Doing so, he would think back to his conversation with Chizuru quitting being a Rental Girlfriend.

(Flashback)

Chizuru: How would you feel if I quit being a rental girlfriend?

Nhazul: Quitting?

Chizuru: Remember that directer Umi was talking to? I landed a role on his play. It's pretty famous and my agency says it'll lead to more role's down the line if I deliver.

Nhazul: That so, huh?

Chizuru: I've been at it, for a year already. And if I can make enough money as an actress, I can devote all my time to it. So I figured it's about time to move on.

Nhazul: Hmmm.

Chizuru: What do you think?

Nhazul: Why are you asking me?

Chizuru just rolled her eyes.

Chizuru: Well, we are helping each other out. So I felt I should talk to you about it.

Nhazul: Well, at the end of the day, regardless of what I say, it's your decision. When it comes to your career as an actress, it's up to you to make the final decision.

Chizuru just looked down.

Chizuru: So you think I should quit?

Nhazul: If it's to help towards your dream, then I say yes. But like I said, it's up to you. You have the final say so.

Chizuru: I see... Can I ask you one more thing?

Nhazul: What?

Chizuru went to say something, but ultimately didn't.

Chizuru: Never mind... I have to get up early, I have a date booked.

Nhazul: Right. Have fun with that.

(Present)

Nhazul's thoughts: If she's really going to quit being a Rental, then we'll need to end this facade and soon.

Drifting back to Chizuru, his mind drifted to a conversation he had with her the other day. Of how a famous director will be at her next performance looking for an actor to join her cast.

Nhazul: Thinking of it, when is this play?

Curious, Nhazul began to look up and see what Plays are scheduled to for a showing and the one that came up was for a show called "The Heron Princess".

Nhazul's thoughts: "The Heron Princess"

Nhazul's thoughts: "The Heron Princess". Not gonna lie, they could've done better with the name...

Looking at the poster, Nhazul would see Chizuru's picture on it as one of the main actors.