Chapter twenty

DISCLAIMER: I am currently in the process of editing this book. Some scenes may not add up because of this. I apologize if this causes inconveniences. Thank you for giving my book a chance. I hope you enjoy!

CH STATUS: EDITED
-
-
-
-
-
-

TRIS

I sat on the couch watching a re-run of Friends while the boys slept on my lap. Tobias was not home at the moment. He had joined the football team again at the university due to a teammate of his having to leave for a trip. The coach had asked Tobias to play again and he had agreed. Because he had to practice twice as hard as his teammates he had been getting home a lot later than usual.

He had accepted since the boys were a little older and he just loved playing football, so of course saying yes was an easy decision.

I looked down at my sons and smiled as I brushed their hair away from their faces. Soon they would be starting school and I couldn't help but feel nostalgia. The fact that Tobias and I had agreed to try for a third child gave me some reassurance. I enjoyed looking out for my children. I knew that having three babies to look after would bring me happiness.

Tobias and I had been trying for quite a while and although my period was slightly late this month I didn't want to jump into conclusions just yet. I was planning on waiting for a bit, take a test, and perhaps pay the doctor a visit just to be sure I was pregnant.

"Mommy?" a whisper came from one of my sons. I looked down to see Louis shifting in his spot as he tiredly rubbed his eyes. I smiled and met the pair of grey eyes that matched my own.

"Hi baby, did you have a nice nap?" I asked him as I ran my fingers through his hair. His long locks were currently spread messily across his head and they bounced as he nodded his head and I smiled at him.

"Yeah," he mumbled, "is daddy home yet?"

I sighed and glanced down at my wristwatch, shaking my head, "not yet, but we can go pick him up instead?" I suggested.

"Yeah," he smiled.Tobias hadn't taken his car to practice claiming that he preferred when we dropped him off instead. According to him he enjoyed showing his sons off to his teammates and besides, being dropped off saved him time since he didn't have to worry about parking.

"Okay come on," I said as Louis jumped off the couch and slipped his Nike shoes on. I then watched as he ran to the mirror and fixed his hair, making me laugh.

"Lou can you get your brother's shoes for me, please?" I asked Louis as I picked up a sleeping Kyle from the sofa. I cradled him in my arms and he shifted in his sleep, hiding his face in my neck.

"Yes mommy," he said as he grabbed the Vans from under the table.

"Let's go baby," I said holding Kyle with one arm and clutching my son's hand with my free one. We then walked out of the house after I locked the door behind me.

Louis quickly hopped inside the car as I placed Kyle in his booster seat, buckling him up safe, and then putting a pillow around his neck so he could continue sleeping comfortably.

I then went to Louis' side and buckled his seat belt, handing him his sippy cup and a small sandwich for a snack.

"Can we watch a movie while we get there, please?" Louis asked as I turned the engine on. I nodded and put his favorite Disney playing which had been The Lion King 2 for a week straight now. I watched through the rear view mirror as he smiled and concentrated on the screen and ate his triangle shaped sandwich.