Oneshot 2 : Halfhearts sight

TW :: some gore ? ?

Halfheart looked back, her paws shaking with fear. She felt the ground shaking quickly and the screams echoed in her head continuously.

Her eyes catched a glimpse of a few meadowclan cats sprinting away from the fire, frightening from their fur. A few waterclan cats were caught following them.

Is this the fate Starclan has chosen for them? What had the clans done so horrendous to the point where their territory had been put to an end?

She glimpsed a few more times, hoping her clan would detect her scent and find her. But there was no one. "There has to be someone!" She muttered, her voice becoming more shakily by the second.

She sprinted her way to the burning trees, cackling ash covering her fur slowly. Her vision was getting worse by the second, but she had to find her clan. Flowerface and gingertail were probably searching for her by now, but nowhere in the stretched fire.

She coughed, the hissing fire was getting to her. It was a bit calmer, but it was still flickering with flames. Her paws were aching from walking, and sharp thorns had entered her paw, causing blood to be spilled on the ground.

She stopped in her tracks, and her eyes opened wide in horror. Minthearts bloody body, blood spilling from the hole in her ribs. She was on her last breath, and her skin was slashed open, her organs visible to the naked eye. Blood was leaking, and halfheart had realized she was stepping on it, her own friend's blood.

"Mintheart!" She shrieked, tears slowly falling from her golden hazel eyes. "How?..." she asked, breathing hard.

Mintheart glanced at her, and cracked a smile. "Halfheart! I'm so glad it's you to see before I go to starclan..." she purred, her tail barely twitching in excitement.

"No!... No mintheart, I'll stay with you. Then early in the morning we'll leave for mountainclan. Sugarwing can get you well and-"

"Don't worry about me. Acornfoot and moonheart await for me in starclan..." Mintheart whispered, putting her paw over her whiskers. She took one last fainting breath, and closed her eyes. "It's my time, halfheart."

Halfheart had realized what blossomfall told her the day before, how one wise, sweet, and calm life would be needed by the starclan to fulfill the stars of destiny, an important life for the 5th clan.

She sniffled, knowing Minthearts body was fully unconscious now. Her spirit had now been taken by starclan, and there she would be united with Moonheart and Acornfoot.

What hurt her even more was the fact she couldn't even give her a proper burial. Halfhearts paws were already aching, and burning from the walking, and she had lost a couple of teeth from biting crowhearts thick, retched skin, the taste of blood still wondering in her mouth. And was faced to just leave Minthearts dead body rotting, forgotten.

Authors note ::

IM SO SORRY 4 NOT UPDATING IVE BEEN STUDYING SM AND SM CRAZY STUFF ARE HAPPENING RN but technically this one shot takes place JUST before brightwhisper finds mintheart and takes her heart and smashes it LOLLLL but tbh expect more !! i havent been updating much due to a LONGGGG chapter ive been working on and its still a wip . but anyways tytyty for reading !! xoxo ily , have a good day / night !<333