2. Ballroom examination

THIRD-PERSON POV.

Albedo, who was working in his laboratory received the letter from Lisa the next day. As he opens it, he looks at the unfinished tests and artworks in the lab. He sighed. His eyes go through the neatly written handwriting on the letter thoroughly. "Albedo, please come into my office at 1 p.m. sharp. I want to show you the stage of the ballroom."

He leaves the letter on his desk and slumps into a chair. It was 6 a.m. Why would Jean send him a note this early in the morning? Whatever. That doesn't matter anymore. Albedo sighed as he gets a change of clothes for the meeting-up session. Albedo has never been this...well... "lazy" in his whole life before. Ever since he was a child, he listened to every order and everything that his mother (well...creator, actually) says. He would do things as quickly as he could. But, he probably has reached his breaking point.

"Mr. Albedo!" a voice appeared suddenly at the entrance of his lab again. It was Timaeus, one of Albedo's colleagues. "Have you heard?" Timaeus panted. Albedo turned his head to look at him.

"Heard of what?" Albedo said, fixing his gloves.

"A party's getting hosted,"

"Oh, yes, I've heard of it."

"It's starting in 2 weeks. Sounds pretty fun. It's going to be the first one ever in 30 years."

"mhm," Albedo turns away and holds up a test tube. He grabs a pair of science goggles and puts them on his face, as he takes another type of gooey...red substance. He pours the liquid into the original glass, and small purple sparkles appear above him, sprinkling onto the ground.

"It worked." Albedo thought as he puts away the tubes.

"Oh, it's time for me to go to Mondstadt. Would you like to come with me?" Albedo looks at Timaeus. "No thank you. I'll just stay here for a while, then I'll go."

Albedo nods and goes down the trail to Mond. Snowflakes fall onto his sleeves and shoulders whilst walking. When he gets to Mondstadt, the snowflakes have already melted into his shirt.

At the moment he enters the gates of the city, he sees Jean...and the recruit. Kaeya. Albedo walks toward both of them at the souvenir shop, "when the wind comes glory".

Jean turns to Albedo. "Oh! Albedo. Thank you for coming here on time. Let me show you where the ball will be hosted at. Kaeya, please follow us. I would like to show both of you the place."

Kaeya and Albedo look at each other and shrug. They follow Jean together toward the ballroom, which was...right next to Kaeya's office on the second floor of the knights of Favonius' headquarters.

"I've been here for a couple of years...but I never noticed that this huge space was made. Is this new?" Albedo wanders around, wondering when this was built. His eyes lay on this huge painting. It was of the anemo archon, Barbatos, and a short, black, and turquoise-haired boy. He was holding the god in one of his hands, the other holding a strange-looking polearm.

Jean looks around the ballroom, which looks fully untouched. Silence fills up the whole space until Kaeya finally spoke. "So, Master Jean, why did you take us here?"

"I was supposed to meet up with Albedo here to show him around. But since you were with me, I wanted you to come along as well."

Kaeya nods slightly, and so does Albedo.

"Albedo. Please set up the decorations here." Jean pointed at the wide stage. It looked as if it was too stretched out, but it looks alright in general. Albedo thought of what to put on for a bit. Although he already had something in mind before he came, the moment he saw the stage this big, he had to have a change of thought. A few moments later, he finally thought of something; maybe he can make an explosion at the start with sparkles to make the guests surprised, in a good way of course. Or, maybe he can put up a small session of singing, and at the end of the performance, the explosion will be put there. Then, in the end, there will be some shiny dust falling slowly. Like in fairy tales.

As Albedo examined the stage, he noticed a small box that looked like a mini treasure chest. Out of curiosity, he picks up the box and opens it slowly, so nobody would notice. Inside was a small note. He picks it up and scans through the small text, until there was a tap on his shoulder.

"What are you reading?" Kaeya peeks at the piece of paper that Albedo's holding. Albedo turns to look at Kaeya.

"Oh, nothing. I just found this on the sta- Hey! Give that back—"

Kaeya snatches the paper out of Albedo's hands. "Hm. This seems like a poem..."

"Honestly, I don't get what the poem means." Albedo chuckled. His laugh sounded really fake and emotionless. The poem seemed to be about romance, but the poet just made the context look much more complicated than needed. It was written in slightly messy handwriting, but the text was still visible.

"I wonder who wrote this." Kaeya looks over to Albedo.
"Yeah, same.."

After a while of wondering and a small amount of research, they just did not bother any longer. They put the written poem back into it's spot. But who knows what happens next?~ Take a guess...

-
-
-
-
MULTITASKING FR 💪💪💪💪💪💪