3. Magic? Maybe.

Hours pass after they leave. The poem was still there. But then that's where the magic happens. When it struck at 12 AM, the poem whisked into the air like a feather in the wind, and people appeared all over that unused ballroom. It went from abandoned, shabby, old to brand new, with polished floorboards, a gorgeous crystal chandelier, and the artworks on the walls were no longer dusty.

It was like a dream. None of this looked real at all.

The turquoise green eyes of Albedo shot from his work to the ballroom. "Where is that light coming from?.." he asks himself. He gets off his chair and walks toward the window of his room, gazing at the rays shining from the ballroom.

"I guess it won't hurt if I go check."

In Mondstadt, people would normally be asleep by 9 PM, except for the Knights of Favonius staff if they worked overtime. Albedo was one of them. He wondered if he was hallucinating, or maybe others can see it too. He quietly walked up the staircase of the Knights' office toward the ballroom, slowly creaking open the door. He was right. There were people in there, wearing ballroom dresses and dancing along to music.

But suddenly, there was a tap on his shoulder.

"You saw the light too, right?..." the voice behind him asked. He looked at the person behind. It was a tall, blue haired figure with an eyepatch...Kaeya. Albedo nodded at Kaeya.

"Yes. I did. Don't you find it a bit strange how we're the only ones investigating?...I'm very sure that Jean is also working overtime...but why can't she see this?" Albedo wondered.

As the two of them enter the ballroom, the music immediately dropped. Everything disappeared, from the cleaned and polished floorboards, to the majestic and elegant chandeliers. The people inside disappeared. Nothing was there anymore.

"That's...kind of odd...a vision holder shouldn't be able to do this, and it doesn't seem like there's any sort of elemental trace here." Albedo thought, his hand on his chin, thinking of all the possible ways this could've happened.

He flipped out a notebook of his, and started noting the suspicious activity that had happened a few minutes ago.

Poof.

The poem appeared again, but this time it was floating, and lifted up by some mysterious, shimmering aura.

"What shall thou now do? As the clock struck 1, the music flew. The liveliness shot through the air, there comes silence for all to share. To the next night the clock strikes 12, the same music will start once again."

This was definitely a clue, alright. This was only getting weirder and weirder, and nothing looked like it was getting any better.

They had to find a solution.

—————

SHORT CHAPTER CUS IM LAZY 😭😭