2.

“We are not aware of what is causing this condition mam” said the doctor adjusting the specks on his long and slender nose. 6-year-old Tommy was sitting by his mother’s side while she held onto his fading hand.
“You may consult someone else but I can assure that it’s of no use.” He said in a husky voice.
Of course, she didn’t stop there. She consulted countless doctors and Tommy took countless medicines but none of them worked.

He first noticed this when he came home after failing a test in mathematics. He lost even a bigger part of his hands when he was forced to quit his drawing classes so that he can improve on that subject. Each incident be it exams or classmates or competitions he was fading away pretty fast.
Now that he was completely gone, it was no longer something to be sad about, just something to live with. For some people it was a fractured bone, for some others it’s a broken heart, for him its being invisible. When he reached school, his classmates didn’t even bother to comment when they saw a piece of cloth walking past them.
“All of you will be doing a group project today, before I give you the
topic, I want you to form groups of 5 members each.” said the teacher. Everyone had started talking. For tommy, the whispers felt louder than
someone shouting. “Silence.”, yelled the teacher. She had a serious look on her face, the same expression which she had worn when he first saw her.
“I want everyone to sit with their respective group members. Make it
quick.” She said without changing her expression. Tommy and 2 others were left out. It seemed like no one wanted a boy who was invisible. At the end of the day the teacher had to assign him to one of the groups. He joined them like a refugee entering a foreign country.