Chapter 5: The Apology

With Strawberry, she sat inside a bush, crying.

Strawberry Crème: (sniffle)

Mugman walks outside and hears her.

Mugman: Strawberry?

Strawberry peaks her head out in the bush, tears streaming down her face.

Strawberry Crème: (sniffles) Oh...hey, Mugs....

Mugman: Are you okay? Have you been crying?

Strawberry Crème: No.....yes...I have been crying....

Mugman joins her in the bush.

Mugman: Are you feeling okay now about what happened?

Strawberry Crème: A little....

Mugman: Y'know....you should talk to Cuphead....you kinda hurted his feelings after that arguement you guys had eariler....

Strawberry Crème: I hurted his feelings?

Mugman: Yeah....

Strawberry hugs her knees.

Strawberry Crème: I really didn't mean all that....I was just upset....I didn't mean to hurt his feelings.....(sniffle)

Mugman puts a gentle hand on her arm.

Mugman: I know you didn't mean what you said....I saw the pain in your eyes....what you said....you hurted yourself as well....

Strawberry wipes her eyes.

Strawberry Crème: I don't know if I'm ready to apologize yet....

Mugman: I'll give you time....apologize to him when you're ready....

Strawberry hugs Mugman.

Strawberry Crème: Thanks for understanding.

Mugman: No problem.

~

With Chalice and Cuphead.....Chalice pats her friend's back in comfort.

Chalice: Com'n, Cups....she really didn't mean that....she was just upset, that's all....

Cuphead: (sniffle)

Mugman walks in the bedroom and sat on the mattress.

Chalice: Did you talk to her?

Mugman: She's still upset, but she will apologize to Cuphead when she's ready.

Chalice: Is she okay?

Mugman: Well, I did find her crying in a bush, but other than that, she's okay....

Chalice: I guess she needs time to think....I know what's like to live without parents or close relatives.....

Mugman: Well, both of you live with us now!

~
Later, with Strawberry, she sat in the living room, with her hands on her lap. Mugman walks in.

Mugman: How are you feeling?

Strawberry Crème: A little better.....

Mugman: You can do this. Cuphead's starting to feel a bit better himself, so he's ready to talk to you. Me and Chalice are gonna go out for a bit while you two work it out.

~

After Mugman and Chalice left, Strawberry sat on the couch hugging her knees while Cuphead came downstairs and sat down next to her. They went silent for moment.

Cuphead: Hey, I'm-

Then, Strawberry hugs Cuphead tightly.

Cuphead: ?!

Strawberry Crème: I'M SO SORRY! YOU AREN'T A BAD FRIEND! I REALLY DIDN'T MEAN WHAT I SAID!

Cuphead: I....can't....breathe....

Strawberry loosens her hug.

Strawberry Crème: Oh.....sorry.....

Strawberry puts her hand on Cuphead's shoulder.

Strawberry Crème: Listen, I....I'm sorry....I was just upset and I took it all out on you....I really didn't mean what I said back there....I didn't mean to hurt your feelings....

Strawberry grips her arm.

Strawberry Crème: It's okay if you don't forgive me right away....I understand....

Cuphead: Listen, what you said back there really hurt me....

Strawberry looks down, hugging herself. Cuphead lays a gentle hand on her knee.

Cuphead:....but like you said, you didn't mean all that....you we're just upset....it's my fault too, anyways....

Strawberry Crème: How about it's both of our faults?

Both of them share a smile.

Cuphead: I forgive you, Strawberry....

Both of them hug each other.

Cuphead: We'll make sure the Devil never gets your soul!

Strawberry Crème: But how?

Cuphead: I know a certain someone who can help.

Strawberry Crème: Really?

Cuphead: Yeah! We can go now if you want to.

Strawberry Crème: Sure! Let's go!

Both of them walked out of the door and closed it. Both of them walked through the forest.

Strawberry Crème: So, where are we going?

Cuphead: You'll see....

In the next chapter.....