chapter 5

Russia's pov

Me and America sat down and started working. I thought maybe a little drink wouldnt hurt, its only a bit. I got up to to get some vodka and America got up too.

"Vherre arre you going?"
"With you Ruski"
"Zont call me zat."

He is so annoying. I hate it when he calls me Ruski. I picked up the bottle and went back to work. It was still too early to drink but i didnt care. America kept trying to grab some of my vodka, and i made sure he didnt get any.

"Ruski why wont you let me have any of your vodka" America cried with his stupid high pitched voice. "Arre you surre you didnt have anyzing to drrink beforre this?" i asked jokingly, but still thought that its a possibility.

America's pov

What. Am. I. Doing. I hate Russia, but i cant help but think about him. He was so attractive. I try to cover it up by flirting with him, maybe he wont notice. I needed to get that vodka, maybe it will calm my nerves. I figured Russia wasn't going to just give it up though.

"Hey im kinda hungry ruski"

"do you vant me to make somezhing?"

"yeah! make me something European"

Russia raised an annoyed eyebrow at me. "Surre."

Everything he said was so calm and collected. He barely reacted to anything, always analytical of whats going on. It was intriguing how a country with such a violent reputation would turn out to be calm most of the time.

I realised i had zoned out, and snapped back. Maybe i should go and help him with the food (despite my horrible cooking skills). Walking up to him, he just glanced at me and continued cooking. He looked so focused, I thought it was cool he cooked. I was admiring him until i heard light footsteps. It scared the crap out of me and i turned around to find a country i didn't recognize. He looked at me confused, but then walked right past me to go to Russia.

He pretended smell the food as if he was in a cartoon before he spoke. "эй Ресей! сен не істеп жатырсың? (Hey Russia! What are you making?"

"привет Kaz. I am making Borscht."

Kaz? What country is that?

'Kaz' then grabbed a spoon and ate a mouthful of the borscht. " оған көбірек картоп қажет (it needs more potatoes)"

"If you know zo much about cooking, do it yourrzelf, сука (bitch)" I didnt need to know russian to understand what that meant.

" ол кім? ( who is that?)" Kaz finally turned to look at me.

" Zat is Amerika. He is verry annoying, so be carreful Kazakstan."

'Kazakstan! Thats the country. I cant believe i didnt recognize the flag. maybe i should touch up on my geography' I thought about learning about Russia's siblings, but decided i could do that another time. He did say that he had a lot, and i dont know what 'a lot' means to a Russian.

My phone rang and when i saw who was calling i froze. Russia and Kaz were staring at me.

"Amerrika arre you okay?"

I picked up the phone and left the room to speak to.. my dad.

" AMERICA. Where on EARTH are you??"

"hey dad. im um- at Russias house.." my voice trembled as i spoke.

"AGAIN? Youre at that commies house AGAIN?"

"Dad i told you its just for a project."

" You better be home for dinner." He ignored me.

"Y-yeah dad, i will i swear.."

He hung up the phone without even saying bye. I dont know how every single time he talks to me, he makes me feel weak. i feel helpless. I hate him.