chapter 6

America's pov:

Me and Russia talked for a while more as he cooked, and Kaz had already left. We didn't talk about anything interesting, but i still felt like i got to know him more and more. When he finished cooking, he handed me a bowl and i looked down at the food. In all honesty, it didn't look the best, but what was i expecting? I did tell him to make me something Russian.

I picked my spoon up and took a shy sip of the borscht.

"Zo, do you like it? Orr is it too much forr an Amerrikan to handle?" Russia smiled smugly at his comment.

I expected not to like it, but..

"This is the best thing I've EVER TASTED" I greedily started inhaling the food. I cant believe i underestimated Russia's cooking skills? And apparently this is a dish that people eat very often in eastern europe. No wonder they make fun of American foods when this is what they are used to.

Russia seemed proud of his food, and called some of his siblings to eat. I then got a look at some more of his family. I recognised Belarus, who i had met before, and saw Ukraine, Moldova, Estonia, and a reluctant Romania enter. Ukraine ignored Russia, and walked right past him. She didn't say a word to him as she ate her borscht. Romania greeted Russia, but seemed hesitant and almost uncomfortable. It seemed like some of Russia's siblings didn't exactly like him. Moldova looked at me weirdly and asked Russia something i didn't understand.

"Ăsta e Americanul pe care vorbește Ucraina? (Is this the American that Ukraine talks about?)"

"Da, Moldova."

I understood my name and knew they were talking about me. What surprised me was how many languages Russia could speak. I had already counted Kazakh, Russian, Ukrainian, Belorussian, Romanian, and probably about a million others considering how many siblings he has. Moldova then turned to me and said hello, then paused for a minute. She then snickered and said

"Yuo know Rrussia talks abowt yuo a lot."

"Moldova"

"And Ukrraine told me, when he saw yuo he-"

"Moldova"

Moldova nearly jumped out of her seat "O curva"

Russia glanced at me then said something i couldn't understand to Moldova. I don't know what it was but i don't think i want to know. When everyone had finished eating, and had put away the dishes, it was just me and Russia again. An awkward tension filled the room as Russia cleaned up.

"It looks like its going to snow outside" he announces, attempting at small talk. I looked out the window to see little white specks of white. All perfectly unique, and all uniquely perfect.