one of them days | 1

DAVID REYES •́LORELEI JONESi♡'・ᴗ・'♡

DAVID REYES •́
LORELEI JONESi
''

THE sound of rain hit against the window as I sat against my white headboard, scrolling through TikTok the smell of what my mom was cooking filled my nose, chicken alfredo.

My mind kept going everywhere else distracting me from my mom, missing my best friend presence was one of them. The laughs, the jokes and even the arguments and fights.

When notti died it was hard for all of us, I couldn't stop crying for a good week I just wanted to see his smile one more time.

I just felt like it was unfair, very.

At the end of the day, we all had to be here for one another only months later for edot to die. They all treated me as if I was the little sister for years, I met David and Ethan almost two years ago. I knew Edward from his little cousin being one of my close friends also.

Speaking of David,

With a quick text back I replied with 'yea how're you?' Not thinking anything of the message, David always seems to check in here and there from time to time just to see if I ate, or if I'm good

I was doing fine, though.

The rain outside making it even more depressing, standing from my bed I walked over my carpeted floor walking to my door opening the door, the smell of the food causing my stomach to growl.

Making my way down the stairs with my phone held in my hand I let go of the railing once I hit the last step, turning I walked further towards the kitchen seeing my mom busy setting plates down.

One for her, me, my sister and someone else?

Walking towards the stove my mouth watered seeing the Alfredo mixed good with the noodles, shrimp, and broccoli.

"Who's the fourth plate for?" I questioned walking over to the refrigerator to get a cold water out just because every time I eat I feel as if I need some type of beverage beside me.

"David." Instantly, I snapped my head over to my sister my eyes furrowed in confusion at the fact she invited my boyfriend over without me knowing.

"Girl don't look like that, you sat in that room all day and you only do that when you feeling sad and since you can't seem to express your feelings to your boyfriend when your feeling down then I will, he's not a boyfriend for nothing Lorelei that boy care he ain't on his way fa nun." She explained shrugging, although she was helping I felt like it wasn't that deep.

Me and David talk a lot actually I just felt like now knowing Dd deals with it too I don't want to add that pressure onto him.

The text explains a little.

A few minutes later there was a knock at the door, "That's probably him." I said walking over towards the door, not bothering to ask who It was I opened it seeing David standing there with a plastic bag of something.

"Hi Stink." He cheesed walking in wrapping his arms around me I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck he kissed my cheek before pulling away and greeting both my sister and mom both of them responding with a smile before they left us, my mom went down the hall in her room and my sister grabbed her plate and skipped up the stairs.

"Hi, I missed you." I pulled away from him placing a soft peck on his lips before looking Down at the bag in his hand, "I got us some snacks, so we can chill and watch some movies." He said seeing the confused look on my face cause I couldn't see what was in the bag.

"Okay, you didn't text me back when I asked you how are you feeling." I told him seeing his eye twitch before he looked over at the plate seeing our two plates laid out he ignored me walking over making him self at home per usual.

"Oh hell na." I more to mumbled to myself hearing him say he finna fuck the food up while scooping some up out the pan and onto the plate.

"You up hea' questioning me n shit, how you feeling?" He asked going into the drawer grabbing an fork and began to eat.

"I told you already and stop cussing so loud boy." I told him seeing him chuckle into a cough.

"Na I'm doing good though ma, talk to me though." He explained going in for more with the fork he eyes never leaving mines, i bit down on my bottom lip looking away from him feeling my emotions get the best of me.

"I don't know, I just-." I stopped not being able to get the words out, I looked up at David seeing he was still watching me before he moved around the island coming over by me.

"Speak yo mind."

"It's just, I feel like life is so useless." I finally said seeing him arch an brow in confusion before looking back real quick before looking back at me.

"Elijah and Ethan just gone mow, I lost my grandma my mom recently just had an miscarriage and I just found out today my dad possibility has life in prison.." I trailed off, a tear falling from my eyes once I felt David wrap his arms around me, wrapping my arms around his waist as more tears poured down my face.

"Notti and Edot proud of us ma, Ain't shit you can do about yo dad keep going to prison if that's the step he keep going into." He explained his voice low and calm, I can hear the hurt in his voice.

"We just gotta be there for each other." He said pulling away a little pushing me by my shoulders never letting his hands leave them he stared at me before wiping my tears off my face, leaning down and placing three soft pecks on my lips.

"We just gotta be there for each other." He whispered once more whilst bringing me back in for another hug.