C4: Need A Groom

Third POV

Back at Golden Carp Tower, everyone was looking for Wangji as he has been gone for a few days when he went off. Lan Qiren start to get worried for him and Xichen try his best to comfort his uncle knowing Wangji is strong and can handle himself. Jin Guangyao was a bit anxious about this marriage not going well and think of a plan before looking at the Lan family. His eyes spot Lan Xichen and got a idea before saying, "I'm sorry Lan Qiren." He walk up to them and said, "We have been searching for your nephew for a few days. He hasn't been found and plus the wedding must go on."

Lan Qiren groan in stress and nod as he said, "I understand but Wangji

Lan Qiren groan in stress and nod as he said, "I understand but Wangji. Ugh, I feel like I was responsible for having him go off by himself." Xichen shook his head and rub his uncle's back as he said, "Not your fault, uncle. It is Wangji's decision to go out for a while. Guangyao, what should we do now?" Jin Guangyao shrugs and face away a bit before saying, "I don't know. Maybe...have you become Qingyang's groom."
Lan Qiren eyes widen and said, "I denied. I mean, he is older than her and I'm sure Xichen won't dare to do-." Xichen stop his uncle and smile slightly before walking up to Guangyao. "I'll accept to replace my brother's place." Lan Qiren was in shock but he should know that Xichen is very generous to do anything for anyone especially with his brother.
Guangyao nod and bow politely as he said, "Thank you. We will try to search for him." Xichen just nod and walk off to find Qingyang before Guangyao face away to get something. He begin to walk off but a grin form on his smile as his hazel eyes glow by the sun through the window. "Thank you indeed."

Meanwhile, Qingyang read over her vows, trying to get this ready as she shiver a bit in her room

Meanwhile, Qingyang read over her vows, trying to get this ready as she shiver a bit in her room. Suddenly a door knock so she get up to check who it is and she open the door to see Lan Xichen, Wangji's brother. She gasp and said, "Xichen? Come in. Come in." He smile and walk inside as she closed the door before she asked, "So any news about Wangji?"
Xichen sigh softly and said, "No sight yet. They are still looking for him. But I got other news to discuss with you." She hum in confusion and listens as her hands press against her dress that she never took off. Xichen said hesitantly, "The wedding must go on according to your friend so he suggested me to be your groom for the time being." Her eyes widen and said, "With all due respect, I..I don't think.."
Xichen stop her and said, "Dont worry, I don't agree with it but it must've. For Wangji." Qingyang stared at Xichen and sigh softly as she lower her head before saying, "Was it my fault...that he went off?" He shook his head and said, "No..it's not. Don't say that. It wasn't. No one fault here. It was his decision to go out by himself." Qingyang couldn't help but cry and hug her legs still blaming herself like a child. Xichen stared at this and hum softly as he goes over to her to hug her close.
He shush her and told her that they will find Wangji soon. Then she soon calm down before Xichen hear her says, "I..I'm sorry...but I think...I couldn't. Because...I think I have fall in love with your brother at first sight." His eyes widen to hear this and she stay cuddling with Xichen for a while.

At the door frame, Guangyao heard their conversation and he grip the door before walking out to start a new plan to make it look like Wangji has passed away

No Matter What Stops Him.