Laser Tag

"I'm gonna win this time."

"That's what you always say, but has it ever happened? No. And it never will~"

You glare at the smug look on his face. Your boyfriend always beats you at laser tag, but not today. No, this will be the day you finally claim victory!

Maybe.

You put on your vest and choose the team opposite of him. There's only four players aside from you and Riki, consisting of two other couples dying to beat their partners into dust, so there's no need to worry about them getting in your way.

You put in your player name, and enter your team's room. (Your game name is your wattpad username ^-^)

The game operator recites the rules in a less-than-enthusiastic voice, which you block out in favor of compiling a strategy. You already know how to play anyways.

Your teammates seem to notice your contemplating, as they have also stopped listening to the operator and are approaching you.

The three of you discuss your own strengths and weaknesses, along with those of your significant others. A few minutes later and you have each assigned each other a specific role:

The other girl will be a sentry/sniper,
The guy will be on offense,
And you are in charge of collecting team power-ups.

You all stand in front of the door that leads to the arena. The lights dim, leaving only glowing neons and the purple of the black light, illuminating all the light colors on your person.

As the countdown starts, so does the loud music.

The doors open and you and your teammates run- "No running!" -speed walk into the arena. The girl stays in your team's base area, the guy begins to seek out the other team, and you start searching for items.

You start hearing laser guns blasting somewhere on the other side of the arena, and you hear one of your teammates let out a loud "haHA!" Presuming all the action is happening away from you, you continue on your planned route.

The game is halfway through, and you've been doing well at silently supporting your teammates. So far you've had no encounters with the other team, until you see a flicker of movement and a flash of the enemy color in your peripheral vision.

You quietly begin making your way over to your opponent for a sneak attack, but once you're in the spot where you saw them, you find nothing.
"I guess I'm just seeing thi-"

Before you can finish your sentence you're slammed into a wall. You look up at your attacker and see "hey cutie." "Oh, it's just you."

Your boyfriend has you pinned up against the arena wall by your vest, and is dangerously close to your face. You are internally screaming, but you will not let him have the satisfaction of knowing that.

His eyes dart between your lips and eyes, before settling on your lips. He starts leaning in closer. You subconsciously close your eyes and wait.

You can feel his lips brush against yours, before-

PEW

"RIKI ARE YOU KIDDING ME???"

It seems his plan all along was to lower your guard and get free points from you.
Dang.

He laughs and attempts to run away, but runs right into your teammate, who heard you shout and came to help. He happens to be faster than your boyfriend, and quickly earns back the points you lost while you make a break for it.

The game has finished. You quickly remove your vest and rush outside to see the game results. You feel an arm around your waist as you let your eyes adjust to the sudden brightness. "Ready to taste defeat yet again?" You glare at him, and your teammate speaks up "Why don't you look at the scoreboard, kiddo?" The two of you look up and

"WHAT?!"
"HA HAHHAHAHHAHA! YOU LOST!!! YOU FINALLY LOST!!!!"

Your team had emerged victorious! The three of you share a fist bump before returning to your individual dates, continuing to tease your partners for their loss.

"This was a fluke."
"Quit whining and accept your loss."
"If that other guy hadn't snuck up on me I would've won."
"Suuuuure bud, keep telling yourself that. That was a dirty trick by the way."
"Maybe, but you liked it, didn't you?"
"..."

——-

HELP I HATE THIS SO MUCH

ALSO SORRY I TOOK SO LONG I WAS BUSY PROCRASTINATING <3

SORRY ITS SO SHORT TOO IDK WHAT IM DOING