3

Doctor Eaves was sitting next to a German Shepherd, feeding it half of her food. The dog had a collar with a name tag, she looked at the tag. "Jumper." She turned it around and on the back there is a phone number and an address along with the name of the owner. "Marc Woodbury." They both finished eating and she went downstairs, everyone who was at the dinner table is gone. Only Marc was sitting at the table. "Marc?" Doctor Eaves whispered and he looked up at her. "How do you know my name?" "I saw your dog's tag." He nodded at her response. "My name is Bonnie, Bonnie Eaves." Marc didn't respond and she felt uncomfortable. "You said you're experienced in the medical field?" He asked. "Yes a little, I know how to treat wounds." She replied and Marc showed a small smile. "Good, come here." She walked to him and once she was right next to him he turned to her and showed a bite wound on his arm. "I got bitten." It looked gruesome, there's blood and it's swollen. "Okay, uhm, do you mind taking your shirt off because the bite wound is quite high up." Marc thinks about it. "No, not here, treat me upstairs in my room."

They went upstairs, to Marc's room. They sat on the bed and Marc took his shirt off, revealing several scars across his stomach, chest and back. Bonnie looked at the scars. "I- wow uhm.. I'm sorry this is extremely unprofessional." They both nervously chuckle. "Well, if you manage to keep me alive I'll let you touch me even more." They both had a red blush on their face. "Well let's see." Bonnie took a closer look at the bite wound. "Well, there's no cure yet. So I'm sorry... You're going to turn one day." Marc's head flinched towards her. "One day? Not tomorrow? Or tonight?" "No I'm treating you now so it'll take longer for you to get infected, if you left it there and didn't mention it. You wouldn't be yourself anymore tomorrow, now it might take a week or so." He looked panicked and grabbed Bonnie by the shoulders. "A week?! You have to find a cure for me! Please!" She had never seen Marc this scared before but she understood why he was in such a panick. "I can't promise you anything, but I'll try my best." She tried to reassure him. 

As Bonnie was busy helping Marc clean his wound, a loud, annoying, a spine chilling voice came from outside of his door. "Maaaarcyyy! Look what I got for you!" The door swung open and the girl named Kathy stood there in the door opening, Bonnie noticed pure annoyance on Marc's face. Yet he hid that annoyed face for Kathy. "What." He answered emotionless. "I got you, your favorite candy!" She handed him a bag of candy. "I found it in the candy store! And I thought since you've done so much for us, I figured why not give you a thank you gift." Kathy was so busy being happy about what she got for him that she didn't even notice his shirt wasn't on, nor did she notice Bonnie was there. After Marc said thanks and started eating the candy, it was noticeable that Kathy's excitement left her body and she started to see what she missed when she bursted into the room. "Why is your shirt off?" She asked as she looked at his half naked body. "Not that I mind you having your shirt off but still." Luckily the bite wound was covered in bandages, otherwise she would've started asking questions about that. 

"Oh I was injured and Bonnie helped me." He said and pointed a thumb towards Bonnie, who was sitting next to him, rather close, too close for Bonnie's liking. "Oh, that's why you're here..." The annoyance in her voice was very clear. "You can go now, I want to talk to my Marcy alone." Kathy said, Bonnie felt annoyed how she babied Marc. A fully grown man who had to go to work and pay his taxes before the accident. "Kathy, Bonnie saved my life, you should be a little bit nicer to her." Marc says and Kathy disagrees with her leader for the very first time, sounding upset for real this time. "I don't care! I don't want that good for nothing little bitch sitting next to you! She 's part of this entire mess and she has to know what she did! She shouldn't even be in our team in the first place!" Kathy snapped at Bonnie and Bonnie felt like shrinking her head back into her body like a turtle, hiding herself for the two in the room. "Calm down, jeez... Bonnie can you leave for a bit?" Bonnie heard the sadness in Marc's voice, he didn't want her to leave, but they both knew it was for the best. 

Bonnie left the room rather saddened and closed the door behind her, however, she didn't go downstairs, she stayed in front of Marc's room, trying to listen what they both said. "I'm happy you brought me candy, but still, Kathy, you know the rules, no going outside without my permission." "I know, but you're not mad at me are you?" "I can't get mad at you, I just am disappointed in you for not listening to me." Bonnie felt her heart skip a beat in her chest, she doesn't understand why she's feeling sad or jealous, she doesn't even know him that well. She doesn't want to listen to their conversation anymore but she does anyway. "You need to cut Bonnie some slack, I know she's a scientist and participated in whatever the Nova corporation did in there, but she saved my life." "How?!" "Kathy... I don't have much longer to live..."

"I was bitten."