Chapter 11

Liam

When I wake up the first thing I notice is that I'm on a couch. A very small couch. My neck is bent at an awkward angle and my legs are hanging off the end. I slowly move and crack my neck but I can tell it's going to be sore all day. My head is throbbing and my mouth feels like it's full of cotton. My shirt is wrinkled from sleeping in it and I have indents on my chest from the buttons. I look to my right and find that someone has set out some ibuprofen and water for me. I take the pills and chug the water greedily before I take in my surroundings. How did I get here last night? I don't even remember leaving the club. Then it hits me. Olivia. There are patches of black in my memory but she is the one thing I remember.

I remember her coming up to Niall and me while we were dancing and making a sarcastic comment about my dancing. I knew I had to tell her something but I couldn't remember. We went to sit down and I remember thinking how beautiful she looked. I haven't truly noticed another girl since Sophia and I started dating but I couldn't help but notice her last night. Did I tell her she looked pretty? I don't remember clearly but I think that I did. The next thing I remember was sitting in the cab with my head in her lap on the way home. She was kind and patient and didn't give me shit about being drunk which was nice. Somehow we got up to her apartment. I vaguely remember crawling on the floor and us falling backward on the couch when she tried to help me up. I remember her eyes and how they were so unusual. And her lips. Did we kiss? I don't fully remember but I think we did. Shit. I really need to find out what happened.

I slowly push myself off the couch and look around the small room to her bed. When I see she isn't in it I check the bathroom only to find it empty. Just as I'm about to put on my shoes and head downstairs to find Olivia, Harry walks in.

"So you're alive then? Good. You had me worried there." Harry smirks and gives me a sharp clap on the back.

"Hey, have you seen Olivia. I really need to talk to her."

"So you remember then? That's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about. I think you really just need to pretend you don't."

"Wait, how do you know what happened? So we did kiss?" I'm so confused right now.

"Well I came home to unload your drunk ass but when I saw Liv I knew something was up. She told me the whole story."

"Care to tell me the whole story then? I'm a little fuzzy." Harry fills me in and guilt just keeps piling on with every word. Not only did I cheat on my girlfriend but I've led on a really sweet girl. "So you think I should just pretend I don't remember? Isn't that kind of a dick move, to pretend nothing happened?"

"Well are you ready to give up on things with Sophia?"

"Definitely not. I know we can work this out."

"Then yes I think you should pretend. There's no sense in making things strained between you two if you're still in love with Sophia. It will only end with Olivia getting hurt. If you just pretend it didn't happen then she can just move on."

"Ok yeah, that makes sense. I'll just tell her that I don't remember anything after leaving the club. It's for the best I suppose." My thoughts are completely jumbled. I obviously still love Sophia with all my heart but I can't seem to stop thinking about what could've happened last night. I have all these feelings towards Olivia that I just don't understand and we've only just met. But if I'm going to make things work with the girl I love I have to forget about all that. I just hope I can pull off lying to her. I've never been a good liar.

"So when she gets back you're going to pretend you don't remember right?" Harry confirms as we walk out Olivia's door and downstairs to our own apartments.

"Yeah that seems like the best option at this point. You're not going to tell anyone else right?

"My lips are sealed."

And with that we part ways and I walk into my own apartment. First thing on my to-do list today: Call Soph.