Chapter 34

In the two weeks since the boys left I've missed them terribly. I've face-timed with them a few times but it hasn't been the same. I think I was most disappointed at how Liam disappeared.  Before he left he promised he'd keep in touch but every time I talk to the boys he either isn't there or leaves two minutes into the conversation. I thought he would at least talk to me about his breakup with Sophia. I'm sure he's still hurting and as much as I love the boys they are boys. Liam needs someone to vent to without the fear of being called a pussy. I had hoped I would be that person. Apparently our friendship isn't as strong as I thought it was.

Grant being busy 24/7 didn't help with my loneliness. He was busy not only with work from the trial but he also had his own patients to take care of on top of trying to pick a fellowship. He was too busy to even pick me up in the mornings anymore. Lou gave me permission to drive her car while she's gone so I've been getting myself to work.  Normally I would've been fine alone but between my friends being gone and my heightened sex drive after the night we spent together I was desperate for some quality time with Grant. We had made time to sneak away to an on call room for a few make out sessions but every time things started to progress he got paged and had to leave immediately. A whole week went by after the night we finally made it official before we were able to see each other outside of the hospital again. Grant must have noticed how down I was because that Friday when I was packing up my things to leave he stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked with a fake sternness. My built up tension didn't allow me to be amused by his joking.

"Home. It's four o'clock. I leave every day at this time because you don't let me stay and help you." I said barely hiding my annoyance.

"Olivia, I wasn't being serious." He said changing his tone from stern to sweet. "I just meant to tell you that I'm leaving too. It's been a long week and I can tell you miss your friends so I want to cheer you up. Go home and put on something nice. I've got something planned."

"You're actually going to leave this hospital and take me on a date? I'm shocked!" I replied no longer able to be angry.

"Well it's been a while since you've broken a bone so I'd say its due time for us to have another date."

"You're so clever aren't you? Ok I'll see you at my place in an hour?" I asked hopefully.

"Sounds great. I can't wait, beautiful." He said as he moved his hand from where it was still loosely holding onto my wrist up to my cheek, stroking it gently with his thumb.

When I got home I ran up to my room to try and find something to wear. Where is the in house stylist when you need her? I wasn't sure what Grant had meant by 'nice' so I went with one of the few dresses I own. I decided on the short, dark red one with three quarter length sleeves and a scoop neckline Lou insisted I buy on one of our shopping trips. The dress it's self is simple but after pairing it with a thin black belt, tights, and a pair of Eleanor's high heeled booties I have yet to return, it looked sufficiently formal. After adding some loose waves to my hair and applying some makeup using pointers from Lottie even I had to admit I looked pretty good.

When Grant arrived an hour later on the dot he came to the door to retrieve me instead of waiting in the car like he usually does. He waited in the kitchen patiently as I searched for a vase to hold the beautiful bouquet of roses he brought. I'm really not a rose kind of girl, I prefer something more unique and colorful but it's the thought that counts. In the car I asked him what we were doing tonight and he just grabbed my hand and held it the rest of the way. We ended up back at the Natural History museum where we sort of had our first date. We walked around the after-hours exhibit talking and laughing and holding hands. Honestly the museum wasn't exactly my scene but it was nice to be free to hold my boyfriend's hand without fear of who would see.