The light at the end of the tunnel

Sorry for the delay in progress in the book. I haven't managed to overcome the loss 100%. But who has.
I was always strong willed. My fathers passing only made me stronger. I can't lie when I say this... I will never be the same as I used to be., but this has just proven that I can handle anything.
I have tried these past 5 years to talk to those I know I can trust. I mean it was hard at 17 when my father passed to trust anyone.
My sister wasn't emotionally ready to except the fact that our father passed away so she shut down. I didn't want to believe it at first. But who would lie when telling two teenage girls that their father passed.
It destroyed me emotionally, mentally, and in some ways physically. I didn't want to eat, I hardly slept and I was always crying. But over the years I talked to my friends who were there for me during the hardest point in my life.
This past week has been the hardest of them all, it has officially been 5 years my father hasn't been here for me to talk to. It made it a bit easier to manage bc I had the people who care most surrounding me.
It hasn't always been easy, and I know it won't be. But just knowing that there are people out there that have had similar situations to mine has made me want to share my story and help. In any way possible.
So here goes nothing. The story of my fathers addiction and how I manage to cope to this day...